What about Torrent?

Rule97

May 2, 2018
So i'm new to the site (awesome site by the way) and i have noticed that there's a lacking amount of torrent download links or maybe there's something in the interface i'm not seeing...
Is there a reason why is that? i mean i don't have a problem dowlnoad from MEGA... xcept im not premium so i'm limited to 2 GB per day

Rule97

May 2, 2018
So to be clear for example i want to upload a torrent i need to upload a MEGA, a Mediafire and a Zippydshare link? Then why most post don't have that? I mean a lot of the games specially RENPY and UNITY engine are more heavy than two 2 GB; wouldn't be more practical to have torrent links? (yes i know this is a question that only the posters of the games can respond.. if anybody feels good enought to answer my curiosity, thank you)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
MEGA is perfectly capable of handling games weighting way above 2GB, as for torrents I suspect they would require a bit of effort to upkeep, I am not sure.

Silverhammer

May 23, 2018
No upkeep on Torrent and you can easily just set them to only allow from the same tracker (being this host), that way it stays private.

I would imagine that mega and the other 2 are probably sponsors and help pay for server upkeep which is why they are required. Running a large site isn't cheap so unless everyone wants to pony up a subscription fee or make donations then those will probably stay.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
MEGA is perfectly capable of handling games weighting way above 2GB, as for torrents I suspect they would require a bit of effort to upkeep, I am not sure.
If you have a free Mega account they do have a quota though and I frequently exceed that (I can't even remember what the quota is but I'm usually over it). I have also run into issues with pretty much all of the other single site options for downloading if the game is really huge. Sometimes it works but sometimes literally all of them time out or fail for whatever reason. Torrents really are the only way I've found to download some of the biggest ones and it also happens to be MUCH faster generally.

IlyriohlI

Jan 6, 2020
As far as i know, you actually only have the quota when you choose to import it, if you choose to download it, you won't have any limit