Seeking What adult game do you think has the best gameplay?

Anon1336

Dec 4, 2018
As the title says, what games do you think have the best overall gameplay. Something that is either compelling or actually what you look forward to. To many adult games are grind fests that aren't fun, or basic puzzle games. Which one's breaks the mold.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cooldude33

PrivateEyes

May 26, 2017
I would say the Venus Blood games. Diverse selection of units to consider for battle (even your heroine stats and skills change based on if they are corrupted or not). I could only get the basic mechanics down with MTL, but it should be even more fun to play now that an English translation is out for Frontier.

The unfortunate reality is that the most fun adult games are also pretty weak in the 18+ department (and vice versa).

Reactions: BlazeKun

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, there aren't many that live up to mainstream game quality in terms of gameplay. It's usually used as fluff or padding to the story and sex. Anyway, here are some that are at least decent mechanically:

Karryn's Prison (JRPG)
Corrupted Saviors (text-only strategy)
Star Knightess Aura (JRPG)
Zombie's Retreat (action survival)
On Edge (management, still quite early in dev, but promising)
News Desk (CCG, the card game is neat but the grinding isn't)
Sinistar (Metroidvania)

Last edited:

Sassadin

Apr 15, 2020
It's probably Sengoku Rance. I would say it's one of the best games I played, as good or even better than many AAA games. In tactical strategy genre I think it's on the level of FF tactics and XCOM.