What am I doing wrong?

Dec 7, 2020
So I'm inexperienced with these things and I need help. I recently switched to windows 11 and now whenever I download something it DLs as a disc image file (which seems wierd) and when I go to extract it with winrar I don't see any exe file to launch it. All I see is files and resources and something called energy. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something like a program? Could my antivirus be interfering cause I am entirely clueless.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
What kind of files are you downloading? What are the file types/extensions, ISO? What website(s) are you downloading it through? What browser are you downloading it through? What AV are you running? It's hard to answer or help you with this when there's basically no specificity.

Depending on what you're downloading, an ISO might be the only thing needed. Like, for example, m0nkrus's Adobe cracks. They are iso files, you just mount them (I believe W11 does this automatically. Don't remember if Windows 10 did, though.) and install. But I wouldn't just mount any random ISO file unless I trusted the source.

Reactions: Shotgun Senpai
Dec 7, 2020
What kind of files are you downloading? What are the file types/extensions, ISO? What website(s) are you downloading it through? What browser are you downloading it through? What AV are you running? It's hard to answer or help you with this when there's basically no specificity.

Depending on what you're downloading, an ISO might be the only thing needed. Like, for example, m0nkrus's Adobe cracks. They are iso files, you just mount them (I believe W11 does this automatically. Don't remember if Windows 10 did, though.) and install. But I wouldn't just mount any random ISO file unless I trusted the source.
I'm trying to download from this site. I'll use a game called Alien Quest Eve as an example and to specify I had successfully downloaded this game before I replaced my old laptop. The browser I prefer to use is DuckDuckGo which I also had used before. I used to just dl the file from Anon or Mega and unzip them using winrar. Also explain what an ISO is again. I am very stupid.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I used to just dl the file from Anon or Mega [...]
Let me guess, and the problem only happen when you use Anonfile.

It's a known issue. In top of their speed that can be ridiculously low for some users, the file is sometime something totally different from what is expected.

Reactions: Shotgun Senpai
Dec 7, 2020
Let me guess, and the problem only happen when you use Anonfile.

It's a known issue. In top of their speed that can be ridiculously low for some users, the file is sometime something totally different from what is expected.
Then I'll try Mega again and see if that fixes it. I'll check in later and let you all know.

Dec 7, 2020
So far it seems like the problem was the sites themselves. Weird considering that I had never had that problem before. I'm guessing it's something recent or that I was just getting lucky before. Thanks for the help everbody.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
So far it seems like the problem was the sites themselves. Weird considering that I had never had that problem before. I'm guessing it's something recent or that I was just getting lucky before. Thanks for the help everbody.
it due by having bad ad's on their site that what causing it

I call it hackers ad's