What are some game pitches that would get you to support a creator from the get-go?

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Hey everyone, speaking as someone who will probably get into creating games eventually, i was wondering exactly what makes (for you) an appealing game concept?

The idea i have in mind is a Netori game where you seduce your mother into having sex with you, but have a good chunk of the game be dedicated to deconstructing the idea around NTR games, in reality, such an event would place enormous guilt and pressure onto the mother as she tries to hide her incestuous relationship from everyone around her, and as she herself struggles to cope with the notion that after years of living in a boring and mundane marriage, the notion of infidelity actually...arouses her.

The other idea i have in mind is a medieval RPGM game with a HEAVY emphasis on pregnancy and monster girls (that may look a bit more monstrous than they usually look in games), you, a noble's (bratty) son, are forced to fend for yourself when your rich father gets sick and tired of your bullshit and kicks you to the curb, having no way to provide for yourself, you must quickly learn how to survive in this Brave New World.

These are just ideas mind you, and they may not even end up happening as they're being pitched but i just wanted to get a "lay of the land" here (so to speak).

Do these sound like interesting ideas? I want to get your honest opinions on the subject everyone.

Thank you very much ;)

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
mom/son + NTR sounds like a solid choice to me, just make it clear from day 1 that it's gonna be NTR.

what I mean is push it as an NTR game rather than mom/son, because the existence of NTR will decide your audience. not the mom/son part even though it's by far the bigger audience.

getting both audiences won't work, the non-ntr mom/son fans won't touch your NTR game ever. doesn't matter how little NTR you put into it. getting the non-ntr mom/son fans to play NTR of any kind is just as likely as getting CIS males to play gay games. doesn't matter how good your characters, story or execution is, it'll never happen.

so if you want to have NTR, catering to us by watering down the NTR won't get us onboard, but it will make the NTR suck as well.

I mean of course you can mix anything your heart desires, but just by you asking us I'm assuming you want to know how to maximize audience for mom/son + NTR, rather than what YOU want.

medieval fantasy. I always love when people give it a shot, because it forces you to write a big overarching story. writing about home life won't work here, someone needs to turn out to be a secret king, princess, enchanted, the prophesized one etc etc. (possibly even all your main characters. LOTR has almost no characters that don't turn out to be someone's king or The One. even gandalf's horse is the fucking king of horses.)

the problem though is unless you can model well you're forced to use the same exact medieval clothes and thatched houses everyone else is using too. and you need to be Good at it, just learning modeling isn't gonna work with medieval stuff. and even if you CAN model well, you need to have a fresh vision or you're just recreating the same stock assets which is waste of time.

the problem with monster girls is you're almost instantly in bestiality city when it comes to patreon. then again incest has its problems as well. that said, you can call 'mom' a 'landlady', but you can't call a centaur girl human without it still falling under bestiality.

Reactions: allintine

makatori

Jun 22, 2019
One thing that catches my atention which A LOT of games lack is actually giving a bit of time to the male character, and by that I mean if you're into ntr with old/fat/ugly dudes make them like as such, spend some time on them don't just put some shade or a silhouette of a guy.

If you do a NTR game and have different routes giving some time to the design of each one just makes the game way better.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Overall I will give you the best advice anyone can give you, make something you like and try to see if others like it too. It is really hard to success when you are trying to copy other people.

You can actually do exactly the opposite of most games and find that ironically you ended up with a successful game.

P.D: Just to give an example, did you know that the game that saved Alicesoft from closing was a game called Kichikuou Rance? it did many things that most people would find it insane, you could easily encounter bad endings for girls and even death for the MC, but the funny thing is that it focused more on the harem part, overall at it's time was the safeboat that the company needed.

In fact it was known as one of the most successful eroge of all time.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Overall I will give you the best advice anyone can give you, make something you like and try to see if others like it too. It is really hard to success when you are trying to copy other people.
Exactly this. What make me like a game isn't the story or the game mechanism, but the realization. Of course, there's story that I don't like, game mechanism that I don't feel, but it's not what matter the most. You can have the best idea ever for a story, the most amazing and innovative game mechanism, if you don't use them correctly, then in the end the game will be average at most.
And the mandatory point for a good realization is to make something that come from you, and only from you. Because it's your amazing/stupid/crazy idea, you'll put more effort into it than if you just picked something that seem to works well ; and because you put more effort into it, the result will always be better.
Perhaps that it will just be an average game in the end, not every one can be good at this, but it will still be a liked average game, because it will have a little something more. And for a creator, what's more pleasurable than seeing that people like your creation ?