WHAT ARE SOME GOOD CATEGORIES YOU AL ENJOY IN GAMES?

What studio should I make the game in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
I’m creating a game and I know exactly what I want but I want to create it so everybody can enjoy it in some form. What categories, genres, themes do you guys like? Also the game will be in renpy but I’m deciding what studio either DAZ 3D or an Illusion one most likely AI girl. I’d have to learn about DAZ 3D it seems confusing but the models look better what do you guys think.

Reactions: God3333

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
It's really up to you and your expertise. I am making a visual novel using AI Shoujo 2, and some of the issues I'm running into are giving me massive headaches, but I'm willing to bear with them because I absolutely love the looks of my characters and the speed (relative to daz) that I can produce "renders". Also, there is a novelty aspect to using AIS2 in that I don't think I've seen a game or VN made in AIS2 yet, so there might be an audience for that style of graphics.

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
ONE OF THE GOOD CATEGORIES I ENJOY IN GAMES IS ANIMATION.
I LIKE THINGS THAT MOVE, MORE SIMULATING THAT WAY.
HOWEVER,I'M NOT SURE IF I CAN SPEAK FOR US AL WHEN I SAY ANIMATION AS NOT AL PEOPLE LIKE GAMES WITH THEM IN.
RIGHT,Y'AL TAKE CARE NOW!

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
It's really up to you and your expertise. I am making a visual novel using AI Shoujo 2, and some of the issues I'm running into are giving me massive headaches, but I'm willing to bear with them because I absolutely love the looks of my characters and the speed (relative to daz) that I can produce "renders". Also, there is a novelty aspect to using AIS2 in that I don't think I've seen a game or VN made in AIS2 yet, so there might be an audience for that style of graphics.
So yeah daz seems expensive asf and Until I get better I don’t think I’m willing to put that kind of money into this hobby. So AIS2 has a render button right? I’m getting mixed answer lol

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
So yeah daz seems expensive asf and Until I get better I don’t think I’m willing to put that kind of money into this hobby. So AIS2 has a render button right? I’m getting mixed answer lol
There's a screenshot plugin for AI Studio that somewhat "emulates" a render, where it will calculate some shadows for you. It's not great but it does make the "renders" look better than just simply screenshotting it. If you decide to go the AI route, I suggest you get a repack as installing the mods yourself is a massive time sink.

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
There's a screenshot plugin for AI Studio that somewhat "emulates" a render, where it will calculate some shadows for you. It's not great but it does make the "renders" look better than just simply screenshotting it. If you decide to go the AI route, I suggest you get a repack as installing the mods yourself is a massive time sink.
Yeah I’m on it right now do you have a discord can you maybe help me with some mod thing?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
AI Studio and Honey select there is no rendering done it's just a screenshot in a game. No real skill required. Daz is more along the lines of 3DS Max and other CAD based design programs

Reactions: Soccergod2666

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
AI Studio and Honey select there is no rendering done it's just a screenshot in a game. No real skill required. Daz is more along the lines of 3DS Max and other CAD based design programs
How are games like mythic manor able to show animation?

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Yeah I’m on it right now do you have a discord can you maybe help me with some mod thing?
I'm not the best so I wouldn't be able to help you much, but there's a big community of people on the Illusionworks Discord who are amazing at working with the Illusion games' studios. You'd have to search around for the invite link but it's somewhere on the threads for the games.

How are games like mythic manor able to show animation?
Most people just use the built-in sex animations that comes with the games and use a video-screenshot plugin that captures a bunch of images that are then combined to create a video or gif file. There are a couple of mods to create your own animations; one provides simple movement objects that you attach to your body parts to move those body parts, the other is a keyframe-based editor where you can interpolate between two or more positions to simulate animation.

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
I'm not the best so I wouldn't be able to help you much, but there's a big community of people on the Illusionworks Discord who are amazing at working with the Illusion games' studios. You'd have to search around for the invite link but it's somewhere on the threads for the games.

Most people just use the built-in sex animations that comes with the games and use a video-screenshot plugin that captures a bunch of images that are then combined to create a video or gif file. There are a couple of mods to create your own animations; one provides simple movement objects that you attach to your body parts to move those body parts, the other is a keyframe-based editor where you can interpolate between two or more positions to simulate animation.
You know how I can get that screenshot plugin? So that should allow me to animate and screenshot?

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
It's best to just get the repack so that you don't have to install it yourself. There's too many steps required to get it to work, namely you'd have to install the plugin and all the related dependencies for it to work, then there's extra plugins and dependencies to get the video screenshots to work (they're separate plugins). All of which is pretty poorly documented.

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
I really hope this post is ironic.

Edit: you're one of those devs shitposting in the milfy city thread, so I guess not.

eluddia

Donor
Mar 9, 2019
My favorite feature of a game is customization and freedom of choice. Basically the ability to customize your character, as well as the ability to choose your own adventure; a non-linear experience.

One problem with customization and freedom of choice is that it increases the effort required for a game exponentially. The more customizable a game is, the more variables you have to take into account. So I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to deal with that.

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
What sounds ironic on this post?
He's talking about gamersglory's statement "No real skill required" when talking about using Honey Select and AI Girl, which sounds a little pompous and derogatory when he follows up with Daz being like 3DS Max and CAD, which are professional modeling programs.

Reactions: fffffffffffk

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
He's talking about gamersglory's statement "No real skill required" when talking about using Honey Select and AI Girl, which sounds a little pompous and derogatory when he follows up with Daz being like 3DS Max and CAD, which are professional modeling programs.
On other hand it's actually not that far from true. Sure to make shitty render you don't need skill too. Using honey select is like 1st step daz is second and Blender is third.

But why to lost so much time with Blender if 90% of users here doesn't see difference between shitty render and good render. :) It's all about just time.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't know about the programming side so I will say the models in Daz3D look amazing and I would lean that way. However, when you ask for categories I would suggest animation, customization, and starting with a small project (okay I know that's not a category).

Animation: If you can't do it well then don't do it. However, even little touches of animation - eye blinks, winks, smiles - help to make the game more "real" or "alive" for me.

Customization: I'd love a game where I could choose how I look, barring that let the player choose the MC's name, relationships, etc.

As for starting small it seems there are a lot of overly ambitious games that get abandoned. If you start small with a well written animated game it seems to me a better idea than trying to write an epic immersive game. You can spend a lot of time getting a little bit right instead of a spreading your time too thin.

Anyway as for the "standard" categories I would like to see more games that are less of the standard. Less giant breasted and butted women and more "normal" women. Something that we don't see very often are games where you play from the perspective of the person being pursued and if you do an incest game (since that seems to be the majority of what is out there) it seems fairly rare to see a daughter seduce a parent or a sister corrupt a brother or a mother seduce a son.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.