What are the 20% of things that make 80% of the game enjoyable

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
Just a quick question, it's fine if the answers aren't too appropriate but what are the 20%(minimum) amount of things that make up the 80%(majority) of things. What is the minimum amount you could do to produce the most out of a game

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
STORY is always #1, Model rendering is a distant #2. I want a story that engages me, and I prefer slow action at first, to build my interest in all of the characters. What I dislike the most is having to play games inside of the game itself, and hate to have to repeatedly go place to place to place, where if I chose the wrong place at a certain time, I have to repeat a day or a week of repeatedly going place to place again. BIG TURN OFF.

Marcibx

May 5, 2018
STORY is always #1, Model rendering is a distant #2. I want a story that engages me, and I prefer slow action at first, to build my interest in all of the characters. What I dislike the most is having to play games inside of the game itself, and hate to have to repeatedly go place to place to place, where if I chose the wrong place at a certain time, I have to repeat a day or a week of repeatedly going place to place again. BIG TURN OFF.
Well, I kinda agree, but I want to point out that there were some sandbox games where the story as the whole was virtually nothing, the game worked more on a "per scene" level. So the story of a scene was really good, but the scenes were only loosely connected so the main thing I liked was the H scenes. (FYI I am talking about Red Sakura Mansion)
Story... 95% of the time this is the kicker.
So I guess Buddawg is right and this game is in the 5%.
hot moms, big asses, big tits.
I guess this is unfortunately true. I am in the 20% though who prefers petite women.

But I would say you are taking the wrong approach unless you are planning to make a big budget game to make money. If you want to make a small project it is a much better approach to find your niche, because the mainstream is well-covered by the "big guys".

D

Deleted member 3145675

Hi,
If you want to make a small project it is a much better approach to find your niche, because the mainstream is well-covered by the "big guys".
I would add "a touch of originality" to the niche - something that would differentiate your project from all the "whatever trend is ON" clones there are out there.
either thru a clever plot or enticing characters.
if you have that you can have whatever format of game you want - it'll still be interesting.
have fun.
GL

Reactions: Marcibx

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
If you want to make a small project it is a much better approach to find your niche, because the mainstream is well-covered by the "big guys".
I see almost no hot moms with big asses that aren't marginalized by some highly divisive niche fetish that cuts off 90% of the audience. I'm looking at you, ntr.

Monkeydragon69

Jun 16, 2020
Story. Your game could have the worst gameplay mechanics but if the story is good people will get through it for the story. People will play games they usually wouldn't for a good story

Music to go along with story. Like why is the music upbeat during a "sad" part of the story? Because the dev is only is using 1 soundtrack. Should have a variety of soundtracks for things like a sad scene, or a upbeat one

Also not having to click 10 different arrows just to get around the MC's house. Having to memorize the arrows just to get to where you want to go sucks.

telotelo

Dec 22, 2017
patreon content :KEK:
20% of a game that makes 80% of it 'enjoyable'
nevermind the other variation, patreon cheat :KEK::KEK::KEK:

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
A good game requires so many different qualities (art, characters, story, gameplay, choices, UI, etc...) that there is no magic thing that can make a game 80% better with just 20% more work (except maybe testing bugs).

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
For me story and animations. I'D Say Story first animations second. I can play a game with a good story and no animations (Story has to be god tier though). If a game has an Ok story, but good animations then we all good. If you have both then... well...

Reactions: ChadChan3D