What are the basics plugins you should use in a RPG Maker MV game?

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
It's my first time trying to make a game, so i want recommendations for plugins or others things that could help, even tips would be great.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
It's my first time trying to make a game, so i want recommendations for plugins or others things that could help, even tips would be great.
It really depend on what you want to achieve.
Depending on what RPGM version you use - you either want to look for VisuStella (MZ) or Yanfly (MV).
It's absolutely not mandatory and sometime detrimental but should at least give you an insight on what is possible.

There is a huge ecosystem (mostly divided into MV/MZ & West/JP) to achieve various features but you need some direction. (Hand drawing or 3DCG? Homemade or stock asset? 4-directional movement or 8? Classic RPG or sideview battle? And so on). Never add a feature/plugin because you think it's funky, do it because you need it (should save you lot of headache later).

Last edited:

Sgt. M

Nov 29, 2018
Rosario vampire, Spy X Family, To Love Ru, and Sword art online are series that need more games made and are perfect for NTR.

Aug 28, 2021
You should start by a list of things you want in your game, then take a look to base engine and only if a thing is not in base engine or is not as you want it to be, check for addons.

I hav'nt look to RPGM for years but I remember dozens of wonderful plugins, most of them totally useless for most projects. The quality of a plugin is irrevelant if the game don't need it. (AKA you don't need a wonderful and deep craftingsystem, if you don't care about having crafting.)

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
You should start by a list of things you want in your game, then take a look to base engine and only if a thing is not in base engine or is not as you want it to be, check for addons.

I hav'nt look to RPGM for years but I remember dozens of wonderful plugins, most of them totally useless for most projects. The quality of a plugin is irrevelant if the game don't need it. (AKA you don't need a wonderful and deep craftingsystem, if you don't care about having crafting.)
Yeah i download a lot of plugins but i only gonna use a few i really need, the only problem with plugins is that some are really hard to understand what you need to do for them to work.