What are the longest-running incomplete games with regular updates?

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I'm just wondering what the longest-running adult games with regular updates that are technically "incomplete"(story not finished). I know there are games started in 2016 still being worked on today. Does anyone know of any games from earlier that are still being worked on? Thanks.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
First one that comes to mind is DMD, I still remember seeing posts about it on 8chan when it was first starting out. That was a while ago, not sure on exact date but I know it's been around.

Parasite Infection is another long running one, first game I actively followed and introduced me to f95. The storyline was a lot more developed than what it is now, it just got remade and is getting back to where it was.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
First one that comes to mind is DMD, I still remember seeing posts about it on 8chan when it was first starting out. That was a while ago, not sure on exact date but I know it's been around.

Parasite Infection is another long running one, first game I actively followed and introduced me to f95. The storyline was a lot more developed than what it is now, it just got remade and is getting back to where it was.
It looks like the first posted game was a Back to the Future satire, in October of 2015. DMD was first posted here in September of 2016. The game request thread started August 5th, 2016. Can probably check incestgames.net and adultgamescollector.com to see what their earliest games were.

Reactions: darlic

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
There are a couple of RPGMaker games which are really old.
is from at least 2013 and is from 2014. There are others, but those two are the oldest that come to mind right now.

Reactions: megaplayboy10k

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
On top of my head, TiTs was launched in 2014 (I think) and Roundscape in 2013.

Edit: Last Sovereign is also 2014.

Edit2: ninja'd while editing.

Reactions: megaplayboy10k

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Some possibly relevant event dates:
1. Daz3d started giving away DAZ Studio for free in 2012.
2. Honey Select came out in 2015.
3. Ren'Py first came out in 2004.
4. Patreon started allowing adult game devs to post projects in December 2016.
5. The latest version of RPG Maker came out in late 2015.
6. Unity was introduced in 2005 and more recently became cross platform.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Oh, yeah. has a history going back more than a decade I believe. Abandoned, rescued, redeveloped and left in development hell for years... Or something like that. I only recall their convoluted history vaguely.

Reactions: Engelstein

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I'm trying to get a sense of the "lifespan" of a successful/popular adult game. In mainstream game development, a game might be in development for 6-36 months, get released, get 2-4 add-ons or expansions over the next 2 years, get a game of the year addition that includes all expansions, then 2-3 years after release a full-fledged sequel comes out. So, a range of two and a half to 6 years for a successful game, from early development to release of a sequel is typical for major "franchise" games with deep gameplay and story.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
What are the longest-running incomplete games with regular updates?

68,943 updates and counting

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Violated Heroine and Girl Life are quite old.
Also Fountain of Mana, Aylia's Story, Yandere Simulator and too many brothel sims.

W65

May 31, 2018
The Era games have been around for years, but I don't know exactly how many years.

Then again, a loosely-connected open amateur development environment like that of the Era games or VH is not really a good representation of how your average indie game is made.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Not the longest (Hentai High School has been around for much longer I think), but Brad's Erotic Week has been getting irregular updates since 2015. I'm thinking probably even before that - the game predates the forum, and the first forum posts are circa 2015.

Wolfschadowe likes to take his sweet time with updates. His game has a dedicated forum, so that's something I guess...

Not sure if we've had updates for Leisure Suit Larry recently (via modders, GOG, etc.), but that game series has been around forever. Well since PC's became popular anyways.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
Leisure Suit Larry is old af, I remember playing that in the 2000's and that's just when I found out about it.