What are the must have assets for making a 3D animated adult game with quality models and sex scenes? Anyone got a list?

bs12345

Sep 16, 2020
I've got some assets but I don't feel like I have a "complete" collection. Anyone have an "essentials" list they'd like to share?

Apr 18, 2021
Depends completely on the software you are using. Blender, Daz Studio etc? If Daz, it totally depends on your preference but Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 are the standard. Most clothing, animations, morphs, characters and poses are made for those two models. After that it just depends on your personal taste and what you are going for.

You will never have a complete collection because your style, story and images will always be evolving and growing. This is true of any art, unless you pull a Thomas Kinkaid and just paint the same image 10,000x.

Assets I couldn't live without: Genesis 8, DimensionTheory HDRI, Zeddicuss Poses & expressions, Fugazi props and scenes, Windfield hair, Out Of Touch hair. Anything by Valery3D is also excellent. Clothing by OneSix is really nice.

bs12345

Sep 16, 2020
Depends completely on the software you are using. Blender, Daz Studio etc? If Daz, it totally depends on your preference but Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 are the standard. Most clothing, animations, morphs, characters and poses are made for those two models. After that it just depends on your personal taste and what you are going for.

You will never have a complete collection because your style, story and images will always be evolving and growing. This is true of any art, unless you pull a Thomas Kinkaid and just paint the same image 10,000x.

Assets I couldn't live without: Genesis 8, DimensionTheory HDRI, Zeddicuss Poses & expressions, Fugazi props and scenes, Windfield hair, Out Of Touch hair. Anything by Valery3D is also excellent. Clothing by OneSix is really nice.
Yep using Daz primarily and maybe a little bit of Blender later as I get more practice with it.

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Genesis 8, DimensionTheory HDRI, Zeddicuss Poses & expressions, Fugazi props and scenes, Windfield hair, Out Of Touch hair.
As far as early assets go, these are the way to go. No doubt

I'll also throw in lilflame and sveva clothes are also really high quality clothes, and tend to have stripping morphs/dials, as well. Rarestone and Nirv/Nirvana are a couple favorites of mine. PerspectX, ImagineX, and sometimes Dreamlight have some nice stuff for homes/places/scenes. Tesla3dcorp, as well. Ironman and FG work together quite a bit, but I believe he does some solo stuff too. One you don't see a lot, but is perfect if your story fits what they offer is Stonemason. Big and usually very detailed, need a fairly nice rig to handle them, though. Model/figures are a bit tougher, and depend very much on the devs/users taste. It's hard to go wrong with Colm Jackson, Mousso(sp?), or iSourceTexture (great skin textures, but a lot of their figure's noses seem to go bright red with any decent amount of light. Just be wary of that before you buy/use.), though.

I think, however, your 'essentials' will always be tools offered in Daz. Scene Optimizer, Ultimate Iray/PBR Skin Manager, and any number of the other tools/plugins by V3Digitimes are nearly must-haves. Especially scene optimizer for bigger scenes and/or a weaker computer. Riversoft Art's hair, clothing, and figure converters for almost anything are handy to have, as well. The mirror geometry is one I use a fair bit. Billboards are convenient to have if you have spare cash/storage space (as they are quite large files) and a need for them. ManFriday's Mesh Grabber is a tool I can't personally live without, and his Render Queue is greate for those who render overnight, at work, etc.

Reactions: bs12345
Apr 18, 2021
Yep using Daz primarily and maybe a little bit of Blender later as I get more practice with it.
It is pretty easy to convert models from Blender to Daz, you can get a lot of unique assets that way. Simply export as .OBJ, though not everything works 100% and often you have to reassign your textures.
You can find a lot of fun stuff on Turbosquid and Sketchfab.

Reactions: bs12345

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
One must have thing if you plan on doing games and stuff with DAZ studios is to buy yourself a nice backup storage device that you can hook to your computer and place all of your stuff on it. Like DAZ zip files DAZ files you are using for a game and so on. This is a must have unless you want to lose everything when your computer dies and you like having to restart everything over again from scratch. Many games have died because of this one thing right here. DEV loses assets followed by DEV losing interest in their project and calls it quits.

I bought a 8 terabyte one awhile back and it's great. I place all DAZ assets into specific folders like hair files go into the hair folder clothing goes into the clothing folder poses in the poses folder and so on and so on.

I then open each hair zip/rar and pull out the photo in each one and place it into the picture folder inside the hair folder and name them and add what gen they are for G8F G3F G2F and if they are by a specific maker then I add their name to it as well to make it easier for me to find them when using DAZ.

I do this as it's hard to remember what all assets you have and by doing this I can then go to the picture folder and go through them to find the one that I want to use or if I forget the name of it without having to open everything single rar/zip till you find the one that you want.

Last edited: