VN What are the softwares for make Visual Novels without cording ?

Jhon99x

Apr 18, 2018
I am hoping make a visual novel but i havent cording knowledge .So please tell me, What are the softwares for make Visual Novels without cording ?

Reactions: ForgottenMan1

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
As far as I know, Ren'py uses Python and Unity uses C#.

The only game engine that doesn't require you to necessarily code anything is RPG Maker. And you'll still have to write some code if you want to make a VN with it. Anyways, you could try looking for some RPGM tutorials on how to make a Visual Novel.

Reactions: Jhon99x

Jhon99x

Apr 18, 2018
As far as I know, Ren'py uses Python and Unity uses C#.

The only game engine that doesn't require you to necessarily code anything is RPG Maker. And you'll still have to write some code if you want to make a VN with it. Anyways, you could try looking for some RPGM tutorials on how to make a Visual Novel.
thanks for your idea. But nowadays people dont like RPGM games

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For a pure Visual Novel, RenPy's your best bet. And while it *says* it's code, 99% of what you're doing is essentially text Markup + some very basic flow logic. Here's an example (from Milky Touch, since that was an unpacked RenPy game I happened to have sitting on the PC right now)

Python:
    show 08 2 with dissolve
    $karenPeep=False
    "Another breath snakes out of your lungs as you gaze along [KAName]’s peerless legs up to her pussy. The clean-shaven sex looks majestic, almost like something mere mortals shouldn’t be able to glance."
    "Your left-hand pushes along against one of your jean buttons to get the front of your pants looser."
    "As your fingers brush your zipper, you gently start pulling down while your gaze passes along the blonde bossy woman’s immaculate nails and perfect little belly button, not that the smoothness of her lower body seems to have much of a ‘belly.’"

Player "(Holy cow… Is this really happening?)"

"Your determination doesn’t give way, however. As your pants open up, your nice long cock almost springs immediately to attention as you remain standing before [KAName]’s body and her right arm."
    "Each soft breath from the practically mythical beauty has your mind panic."
    "You fear discovery, but can’t look away as [KAName]’s pretty pink nipples drift upward before falling back down with the movement of lungs beneath the school official’s incredible, plush tits."

You can also look at any of your favorite RenPy games for inspiration (the straight files, in Milky Touch's case, or using if it's archived)

Reactions: Jhon99x

Jhon99x

Apr 18, 2018
For a pure Visual Novel, RenPy's your best bet. And while it *says* it's code, 99% of what you're doing is essentially text Markup + some very basic flow logic. Here's an example (from Milky Touch, since that was an unpacked RenPy game I happened to have sitting on the PC right now)

Python:
    show 08 2 with dissolve
    $karenPeep=False
    "Another breath snakes out of your lungs as you gaze along [KAName]’s peerless legs up to her pussy. The clean-shaven sex looks majestic, almost like something mere mortals shouldn’t be able to glance."
    "Your left-hand pushes along against one of your jean buttons to get the front of your pants looser."
    "As your fingers brush your zipper, you gently start pulling down while your gaze passes along the blonde bossy woman’s immaculate nails and perfect little belly button, not that the smoothness of her lower body seems to have much of a ‘belly.’"

Player "(Holy cow… Is this really happening?)"

"Your determination doesn’t give way, however. As your pants open up, your nice long cock almost springs immediately to attention as you remain standing before [KAName]’s body and her right arm."
    "Each soft breath from the practically mythical beauty has your mind panic."
    "You fear discovery, but can’t look away as [KAName]’s pretty pink nipples drift upward before falling back down with the movement of lungs beneath the school official’s incredible, plush tits."

You can also look at any of your favorite RenPy games for inspiration (the straight files, in Milky Touch's case, or using if it's archived)
Thanks for the idea.i will do it✌

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Ren'Py is very simple, if you just want a visual novel, where you display scenes, text, the player makes decisions and you record those decisions, or you count different scone as "affection" or "corruption".
It is possible to make quite complex games in Ren'Py, but there is very little coding you need for a simple visual novel.
Basically, you only need variables, conditional statements, labels, jumps and call statement from coding.

Jhon99x

Apr 18, 2018
Ren'Py is very simple, if you just want a visual novel, where you display scenes, text, the player makes decisions and you record those decisions, or you count different scone as "affection" or "corruption".
It is possible to make quite complex games in Ren'Py, but there is very little coding you need for a simple visual novel.
Basically, you only need variables, conditional statements, labels, jumps and call statement from coding.
Thanks, I will try.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think the reason RenPy is so popular for VNs is that it's so easy to learn. Someone with zero coding experience can learn most of what they need on their own in a week or 2. Plus it's pretty much tailor made for VN style games so you don't have to reinvent the wheel to get started. Learning Daz or Blender or some other rendering program for the visuals is a bigger issue for most people I think.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Developers like Ren'Py because it is tailored to visual novels and is easy to learn.

And for players, Ren'Py is also the best choice for visual novels. It has features like rollback, super fast saves and loads, Low hardware requirements.
I can play Ren'Py visual novels while my computer is busy rendering, but my computer can't handle Unity or UE visual novels while rendering.
Don't get me wrong. When I have the opportunity, I play a good VN which is using Unity or any other engine as well, but Ren'Py usually means more user comfort for me.

Last edited: