What are your favorite RPG Maker games?

Apr 23, 2018
I was recently reading a thread and saw that RPG Maker games get alot of bad rap. Yes its true most people use the in game resources and sometimes it can seem as if they are all the same, but after trying out a few I have to say some are done really well and include their own original style that simply just using the resources as is.
So far my two favorite RPG Maker games here are The Last Sovereign, and Harem. In TLS that have a unique mechanic with lust damage and death, they also have alot of things affected by time it can be hard to manage but its fun. In Harem it uses models from 3D custom girls, but what is fun is how each harem girl you get is unique in their abilities. Terra that mage girl is one of my favorites, she has gather fire spirits and then new spells pop up. It also has a paragon and renegade route system. These two games have great story and have a way of making the battle system fun.
Other rgp maker games that I like without battle systems. Urban demons is pretty interesting and my new life but they are more incomplete than the first two I mentioned. There are also a plethora of games on the dlsite that use the rpgmaker engine, the one I like is a game where you play as an orc and enslave elves and get them pregnant. They also have a sequel where you enslave humans. Its called the orcs strike back by perperoncino.
So the way I see it is RPG Maker game can have fun games depending on how its used. I think the reason people use it is it games ppl more control to move around. Whereas more VN based games use the same generic backgrounds as everyone else. Anyone else have any hidden gems of RPG Maker?

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
I'd say Overwhored ('xcept the end which is a pain) , Roundscape and Legend of Queen Opala (even though they also are so big it can be a little bit paralyzing IMO).
I so wished that Harem had better CG it would be almost perfect.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
Valiant Warrior Astrid, Coming Of Age, Anna Exciting Affection, Succulence, and Coceter Chronicles.

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
Anything from acerola: Treasure hunter claire, Demon queen melissa, NTR Kanade etc.

OneOne1 stuff: The Heiress, Killing Time

XVI Liz and it's prequel Luxuria
Nobleman's retort
Melty's Quest

Reactions: dogma88alex

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't much like RPGM, it doesn't seem conducive to the type of sandbox game I'd like. A lot of those games are Japanese, and they don't know the meaning of subtlety or restraint, plus they rarely deviate from their tired old tropes - rape, blackmail, tentacles, schoolgirls. Bleh. I don't know how this shit can go on for decades with such little variety.

Anything from acerola: Treasure hunter claire, Demon queen melissa, NTR Kanade etc
Just FYI, Claire isn't RPGM but rather Wolf RPG Editor. Easy to get them mixed up. But it seems every single RPGM game ever uses the same stock start menu layout, so that's a giveaway.

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
is very good, except it could really guide the player better. Also, dev has trouble with translators, so updates are irregular. Another good one, using an older rpgm, is (aka Spin Around Sayla). Both games have that innocent, but easily hornified female MC, without turning it into blackmail and rape as you see in many games.
(If you want to download Sarah of the Rotation Cut, I've linked a translation thread where the translation is improved and scenes are added. Go to the end of the thread for the newest download link)

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Some classics like Sangeki of Gear (which Sarah of Rotation Cut is inspired by), or Virgin Island. Or the Legend of Queen Opala series. Maybe throw in some Violated Heroine.

Newer ones would be most from Clymenia, Lucia Script, and some upcoming/in development ones like Claire's Quest are also great.

Theres very likely dozens I forgot to mention and dont do justice, but that happens when you played them for that long.

And for anyone interested, heres a nice list of Japanese games that got a full translation, which usually means they were worth it to someone. They also mostly have a link to the DLsite, to have some reference pictures. Or a forum thread at ulmf that does the same.

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
Just FYI, Claire isn't RPGM but rather Wolf RPG Editor. Easy to get them mixed up.
Until now I seriously believed that Wolf RPG was a version of RPGM like MV or VX.
My bad for not being well informed.
Thank You.

dirtyrat

May 26, 2018
Anna's Exciting Affection
My Girlfriend's Amnesia
Elena's Life
Fleeting Iris
Lily of the Valley

ThatOneLamp

Sep 12, 2017
monster girl quest paradox is a pretty good one. It is the sequel of MGQ and changes the combat style to be a bit pf final fantasy/final fantasy tactics style game play. Super fun but only 1 part is translated (mostly) so far :(