What are your thoughts on NSFW mods in non-NSFW games?

"I think ___"

• It's horrible, why would someone do that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I've bought many AAA games exclusively because they had nsfw mods to download, even something as simple as skimpy clothing mod is enough to bring my attention to a game that would otherwise pass by unnoticed.

So yeah, not only players should be able to do what they want but game devs should also work towards making their games easily moddable if they want to expand their possible playerbase as much as they could.

Reactions: Driver9r and F4C430

Kalin60

May 20, 2020
Tbh being able to mod a Game to customize My experience is something amazing nsfw or not, Goofy mods or QOL Mods it's like giving fresh air to the Game

Now about the NSFW mods, i love them, i still put some hours on Skyrim thanks to those mods even when Skyrim has almost 10 years of being released My Skyrim has about 500 mods most of them being Stimpy clothes or armor,

Reactions: F4C430

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
If i payed for it i should be allow to add w/e i want to it... Think of like buying a loaf of bread i should be allowed to put w/e i want on top of it. Devs who complain about mods or get upset about it or try to restrict them is no different to me then the baker saying im not allow to use his bread to make a ham sandwich.

trc450

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2023
I think modding is great, you can by pass lot of moral / legal / otherwise bad image issues game makers are forced to make in order to publish and make money. Nudity when stripping someone out of gear, playing as a child character or simply being able to kill some character even if it bricks the questline or something.

Character mods are probably most awesome. Massive passion in these mods.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Wickedwhims is the best that could have happened to Sims 4 (maybe Basemental drugs comes second)

• Red Heart
Reactions: hu lover

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Wickedwhims is the best that could have happened to Sims 4 (maybe Basemental drugs comes second)
Wickedwhims is an excellent mod for Sims 4. Don't forget Sex Lab Framework for Skyrim. That framework has a lot of fucking animations.

Reactions: Kalin60

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
(personal opinion)
most of the time NSFW mods just don't fit in the game, in term of mood, atmosphere, style, narrative... they look out of place and kinda ruin immersion in the process
but there are always exceptions, CK2/CK3 kinda fit wild medieval era, Rimworld fit dark chaotic world, Sims obviously just expand on "adult" interactions... just to name a few
it all falls into personal view on the game, how you want it to look like and be presented as virtual world

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Mods are mods, if a game dev has their game with mod support they know 100% its gonna have lewd mods involved, most dont even care aslong it makes someone want to buy the game in the first place, if it were banned then r34 would still exist and NO game dev could avoid THAT

Morbius

Jun 11, 2017
For me it depends on if it adds emphasis or distracts from the base game ala universal texture mods versus situation/location based mods.

PurpleDeep

Aug 24, 2019
Are you also gonna ask about my thoughts on getting ketchup with my fries? As far as I'm aware it's my god-given right, and I will make full use of it. Now please excuse me. There is a lusty Argonian maid waiting for me to come back to my fully modded Skyrim.

1695420389500.gif

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Skyrim would be ho-hum to me if I couldn't mod it to do things like requiring the Dragonborn to dress like fucking this in order to be allowed in cities (and never without her orc daddy).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
I don't think i'd ever go back to The Sims 3 without the Kinky World mods. Like, damn, The Sims 3 basically becomes a AAA version of LifePlay (great game btw, even if super janky)

With 700+ animations that encompasses all sorts of fetishes (minus the extreme ones), there's no going back to vanilla Sims 3 after that. My only gripe with it is that you can't turn on privacy/intimacy settings as the game will lag like crazy, so you have to settle for everyone just fucking whenever and wherever they want (as well as getting raped in public). Hurts the realism a little bit, but hey, it's not like we enjoy hentai because it's realistic anyway

straysnow

Apr 6, 2022
It's not bad either. Isn't it true that something exists because there is a demand for it? If you don't like it, just don't engage with it