What do people prefer?

misagh

Nov 22, 2017
Hi guys I'm a new developer

I want to work on a game

I have the story

English is not my native language but I can manage to make it a conversation for now I can hire someone to translate it correctly

but the problem is that I don't know which engine should I use to make the game

I have some experience way with Unity ،renpy ، and RPG Maker

I really like the RPG Maker mixed with VN

but I'm not sure everyone likes this kind of game or Not

so I post this thread to ask you guys What kind of game do you like?

so I get a better understanding of someone who played a lot of this kind of games I mean do you like only VN games or do you like the mixture of VN with RPG

you're only playing these games to fap or you put more effort into reading the story of the game?

Do you like or dislike the combat system?(how should it be in your opinion)

which engine gets more attention from people?

Do you like the training system for each girl? or you like all the options to be open to you just by going to a story?

Do you like the games that have limited time to reach the ending or not?

You know, this kind of stuff everything that can help me understand what you guys like to play

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
check the trending tab for the top renpy and rpgm games. generally renpy is much prefered by the members but good rpgms like lust epidemic and treasure of nadia are very very good and have custom artwork for locations etc instead of the typical boring pixelated rpgm default graphics

Reactions: misagh

trusk rock

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2020
you can use DAZ to create Art and renpy to program the game. Not easy but not very difficult either. Just make sure you have a powerful system to handle DAZ

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
If you want to make an RPGm game do it, plenty of people like those games. Otherwise use renpy. Unity is a mess if you don't know what you are doing.

And yes people like story.

As for what get the most attention? Everything gets attention, just do what you love and people will love it too.

Some people hate stat building, others like it, some people don't like combat, some people do. Don't try and please everyone.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I like gameplay, lots of options to progress your own way, no mandatory ero-content and not having to read a damn novel with no interaction on my part. Karryn's Prison is a good example of all this. It's RPGM, though I slightly prefer Ren'Py.