What do "Ren'Py, Unity, VN, etc" mean?? [I'm new to this forum]

saadniazi

Feb 20, 2019
Hello to the F95Zone Community,

I'm new to this forum and I'm seeing alot of the games have this Ren'Py, VN etc in the prefix. Can someone tell me what does it mean?

I've played a few games here, but the freedom to choose the options are very limited. Are there any games which have amazing storylines as well as the option to choose where to take the story by different text boxes? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I loved Man of the House. So similar games to that? Thanks!

Anyways, looking forward to the replies.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Ren'Py and Unity are Game Engine, they are software that people use to make such games.

VN is Visual Novel, it is a game genre that, as the name suggests, is pretty much a novel with visuals.
It can be kinetic (no choices) or can have choices that branch out the story and give you different CGs.
The goal of a Visual Novel at the end is unlocking all the CGs by reading all the story the game has to offer.

Reactions: Jon_Sleeper

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I'm new to this forum and I'm seeing alot of the games have this Ren'Py, VN etc in the prefix...
Most of the prefix's are different game engines, or what state the game is in (complete or abandoned for example). if you like Man of the House you may like , if you don't mind the anime look also .

Reactions: Mark56

saadniazi

Feb 20, 2019
Ren'Py and Unity are Game Engine, they are software that people use to make such games.

VN is Visual Novel, it is a game genre that, as the name suggests, is pretty much a novel with visuals.
It can be kinetic (no choices) or can have choices that branch out the story and give you different CGs.
The goal of a Visual Novel at the end is unlocking all the CGs by reading all the story the game has to offer.
Thankyou so much for the reply. So if i want to have a branching story with different options, I should choose games which are Visual Novels? Or VN?

Most of the prefix's are different game engines, or what state the game is in (complete or abandoned for example). if you like Man of the House you may like , if you don't mind the anime look also .
Thankyou so much <3

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Thankyou so much for the reply. So if i want to have a branching story with different options, I should choose games which are Visual Novels? Or VN?
Not necessarily, I am developing a RPG but it has different choices you can pick.
However it is way more likely that you will find what you are looking for if you look up Visual Novels, most are made with Ren'Py but there are some developed in Unity too.

saadniazi

Feb 20, 2019
Not necessarily, I am developing a RPG but it has different choices you can pick.
However it is way more likely that you will find what you are looking for if you look up Visual Novels, most are made with Ren'Py but there are some developed in Unity too.
Thankyou so much for the help!

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Hello to the F95Zone Community,

I'm new to this forum and I'm seeing alot of the games have this Ren'Py, VN etc in the prefix. Can someone tell me what does it mean?

I've played a few games here, but the freedom to choose the options are very limited. Are there any games which have amazing storylines as well as the option to choose where to take the story by different text boxes? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I loved Man of the House. So similar games to that? Thanks!

Anyways, looking forward to the replies.
Try Heavy Five, Depraved Awakening Melody, Where the heart is, My Sister my roommate, City of Broken Dreamers

saadniazi

Feb 20, 2019
Try Heavy Five, Depraved Awakening Melody, Where the heart is, My Sister my roommate, City of Broken Dreamers
Im playing Milfy City atm, will definitely try these out in the coming future. Thankyou!

Btw, are they complete games? or the developer making it in parts like Update v0.1, 0.2 and so on?

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Im playing Milfy City atm, will definitely try these out in the coming future. Thankyou!

Btw, are they complete games? or the developer making it in parts like Update v0.1, 0.2 and so on?
some are complete, some aren't but have plenty of content

RereiRaRerena

Aug 25, 2018
This is what i would recommend to you:

Acting Lessons - Completed

Alexandra - Still ongoing (plenty of content)

Being a ΔIK - New Release (Plenty of content)

City of Broken Dreamers - New Release (Plenty of content)

Depraved Awakening - Completed

Dating my Daughter (DMD for short) CH1 - Completed - CH2 - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

Haley's Story - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

Lexi - Ongoing - (A tad bit short but worth it)

Life with Mary - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

Melody - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

From this list, start with Depraved Awakening, Acting Lessons and DMD or Melody or both ^_^, after that go for City of Broken Dreamers and Being a ΔIK.

I wish you a great day and have a good time playing those games ^_^.

saadniazi

Feb 20, 2019
This is what i would recommend to you:

Acting Lessons - Completed

Alexandra - Still ongoing (plenty of content)

Being a ΔIK - New Release (Plenty of content)

City of Broken Dreamers - New Release (Plenty of content)

Depraved Awakening - Completed

Dating my Daughter (DMD for short) CH1 - Completed - CH2 - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

Haley's Story - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

Lexi - Ongoing - (A tad bit short but worth it)

Life with Mary - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

Melody - Ongoing (Plenty of content)

From this list, start with Depraved Awakening, Acting Lessons and DMD or Melody or both ^_^, after that go for City of Broken Dreamers and Being a ΔIK.

I wish you a great day and have a good time playing those games ^_^.

THIS IS AWESOME!!
THANKYOU SO MUCH ! WOW. You sir, have made my day.