What do you fancy seeing in your games ? [Poll 1]

So, about the MC in a harem game full of girls... What do you like ?

• I like to play as a male.

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Why not a female ? Yuri is good too.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Why not both ? Be it futa or something else.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Eh, don't care.

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

Greyvan

Mar 28, 2018
Well, hello there, name's Greyvan and I'm kinda curious about some things. For a while now a game idea has been on my mind and if you don't mind, I would love to ask the community here some question to better know what people would like to see in a +18 game.

Do know that the game in question is only a project for now and I'm not even sure I will do anything with the answers I will get, but, oh well.

For those who like a little more concept before answering anything, the game I have in mind will be a RPG Maker game that take place in a school environement (not a mundane school mind you, but one where everyone as a little power on is own.) and for different reasons, the MC is gonna go on a little conquest of his own, trying to become the top dog and get the girls on the way.
I do plan on a combat system (and basically already have it constructed in my mind) but we'll probably be on something like a "classical" rpgm experience of combat with extra-step that I hope will make people stick with the game. Oh, and I hate grinding from the bottom of my soul, so no grinding. I don't know for now if I'll do a fixed number of enemy that don't respawn (like The Last Sovereign for exemple) or if I'll just go with level up at fixed moments of the story, but either way, no grinding.

So, yeah, like I said, I'm just a curious guy with an idea and a lot of questions, so I'm gonna post some polls and see if I can have a answer to some of them ! Don't hesitate to elaborate / give me answers I did not offer in the polls too, I'm always interested in things I didn't thought of.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Losersriot

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Female MC with corruption/blackmail/degradation/free use themes. But if it's going to be the MC inflicting these on female characters (so no lovey-dovey stuff, should be corruption all the way) then either sex is fine for MC. I've never seen a game where female MC does this to male victims, but I'd try it if it had the right themes. Futa is right out either way.

inb4 "make the game you want to make". Probably good advice.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
I tottaly play usually differend genres different way. On male character i usually dont mind to fool around try out multiple partners. On Female character, isearch long and wide that signifficant one to be partner and dont slut around. Though Lifesims games i sometime keep different save games on point where my female charcter chooses to slut life instead of wholesome woman. And i realy dont like either way that sexual decisions are forced on me. Also dont like sexual acts forced on me. If i play Male character that dosent mean i will like Oral or anal interactions.

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
I like minds games, Management, You know accauly gameplay stuff.

A simple example of a concept i came up with yesterday:
Affairs: managing multiple households.

The idea behind this game is that you have 2-4 different family's across the city.
Having 2-4 famlies to mananage.
None of them know of eachother.
And if they ever find out your a dead man.
So you have to find a way to balance 2-4 household(Wives and kids) without them discovering you have a second(or more) family's.
Find excueeses why you are gone for weeks.
Making sure you remember the birthday's, names of your kids, what your wives are liked and ofcourse keeping them from ever meeting eachother.

The sex isnt the fun part.
The fun part is the risk.
Knowing that 1 mistake is all it takes to loss it all.

Reactions: GbolnHunter

Greyvan

Mar 28, 2018
Female MC with corruption/blackmail/degradation/free use themes. But if it's going to be the MC inflicting these on female characters (so no lovey-dovey stuff, should be corruption all the way) then either sex is fine for MC. I've never seen a game where female MC does this to male victims, but I'd try it if it had the right themes. Futa is right out either way.

inb4 "make the game you want to make". Probably good advice.
Yeah, I will make the game the way I want in the end, I just want to see what people like because there's always the possibility that someone will tell me "I love this" and my brain will go"You know what ? That's a freaking great idea !"

I don't know if I will 100% use the corruption theme, but I was thinking about doing something in that vein, with some choice that will change if some of the characters are people in their own right or just glorified sex toys for the MC.

I tottaly play usually differend genres different way. On male character i usually dont mind to fool around try out multiple partners. On Female character, isearch long and wide that signifficant one to be partner and dont slut around. Though Lifesims games i sometime keep different save games on point where my female charcter chooses to slut life instead of wholesome woman. And i realy dont like either way that sexual decisions are forced on me. Also dont like sexual acts forced on me. If i play Male character that dosent mean i will like Oral or anal interactions.
Yeah, I kinda understand that sometimes, sex just feel forced on us as a player, but I think that in term of gameplay, giving the choice everything would be kind of impossible in the long run (Well, at least for RPGM) cause that mean each character should be having a different relation with you whether you did the do or not and that would create waaaaay to much variations in term of event.

With that said, I think creating a "would you like to see or skip this scene ? There's anal, fool language, whatever" choice before the said scene should be pretty simple. The scene will happen either way, but it can at least give a degree of control to the player.

I like minds games, Management, You know accauly gameplay stuff.

A simple example of a concept i came up with yesterday:
Affairs: managing multiple households.

The idea behind this game is that you have 2-4 different family's across the city.
Having 2-4 famlies to mananage.
None of them know of eachother.
And if they ever find out your a dead man.
So you have to find a way to balance 2-4 household(Wives and kids) without them discovering you have a second(or more) family's.
Find excueeses why you are gone for weeks.
Making sure you remember the birthday's, names of your kids, what your wives are liked and ofcourse keeping them from ever meeting eachother.

The sex isnt the fun part.
The fun part is the risk.
Knowing that 1 mistake is all it takes to loss it all.
I love management and strategy (and mind game too) and I even thought about throwing some light management in my project but I kinda fear of going down a road of "trying to do everything and doing nothing" if I start adding everything I like?

Your idea is pretty cool tho, but that's the kind of game I couldn't play without a notepad open somewhere at the same time, I'm waaaaay to prone to be distracted to have that level of lying ability even in a game !

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Preference-wise, I'd rather play as a male character aimed at pounding (and creampie-ing and impregating) pussies, preferably those of blood relatives. But I'm not the one making the game, you are.

So I hope that you actually have a specific idea of what you want the main character to be and are just anxious or whatever, rather than really not knowing/caring what's in your main character's pants. You wanna make a lesbian game? Go for it. Futas? Knock yourself out. Just...like, care about what you're doing, and make the best game you can with the resources available to you. That combination of things gives you the best shot of success, even if it can't guarantee that everything works out.

Greyvan

Mar 28, 2018
Preference-wise, I'd rather play as a male character aimed at pounding (and creampie-ing and impregating) pussies, preferably those of blood relatives. But I'm not the one making the game, you are.

So I hope that you actually have a specific idea of what you want the main character to be and are just anxious or whatever, rather than really not knowing/caring what's in your main character's pants. You wanna make a lesbian game? Go for it. Futas? Knock yourself out. Just...like, care about what you're doing, and make the best game you can with the resources available to you. That combination of things gives you the best shot of success, even if it can't guarantee that everything works out.
I do have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do for the MC (and the game in itself) actually and I don't feel particulary anxious about it, but like I was saying earlier, I'm asking those questions from a mix of curiosity and from the fact that, sometimes, talking with a lot of different folks can make you see something you never thought of before. I'm not really searching for validation, I'm searching for a spark by exchanging with others. (Like, just now, a thought poped like "Maybe I can do a MC switch at some point to give a different experience or something ?" I don't know if i will do it in the end, but I like the idea.)

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
yea you cant just make game for whole community, you make game you want to make, and thouse who like it thouse play. Adult community is wide and you cant be liked by everyone. I tottaly hate thouse games what have 100 fetishes to be liked everyone but actual result is thouse games are not liked people, couse they might like incest fetish, but they are not into Loli or voyage fetish that are forced on them. I accept that my coworker or boss is Futa or gay, but i have no intrest to interact with them or see them interact with other on that level. So most of the content should be voluntary.

There is always that problem with renpy games, visuals take effort and you realy dont want people ignore the interaction you worked so hard. Thats why i like HTML games like masters of Raama or Free citys, you are free you interact what or who you wish on level you wish and you dont feel you lost some content.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
I like to play as a male and without a trans; gay etc etc... female domination and also hard sex with some and maybe with others more romantic sex so as to go all the way without having to choose the path for every woman in the harem.