What do you guys prefer between these 2 pic of Honey Select graphic?

FapForYourLife

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
1st one (click to enlarge)

20181121160313119.png

2nd one (click to enlarge)

20181217123538379.png 20181217124117604.png
(left is with clothes, right is without clothes)

both are based on Honey select graphic.
I want your opinion on these. Which one that you like? why?
1st one is a pic from my game, you can feel free to play it
2nd one is a pic of heroine of my next project, which is not yet complete, I try to make her look like more westerner but it's end up like asian like me :oops:
so if anyone know how to make it or have a face preset or just value number please tell me!

Reactions: passerbyR34

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Second. The reason being, Honey Select has a major visual flaw to me in areas where the model has what looks more like a painted on texture. In particular, the Eyes, Ears, Nostrils, Belly Button, etc. Your second image seems to have that drastically reduced.

That said, she does actually look way more asian. Maybe try getting in touch with @Runey. He has a few more western looking characters, particulaarly Kali and Lucia.

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Obviously 2nd
Reason : I dunno, it just seemed far more appealing imo :D
I'm not an expert on design nor had any experience in developing a game, but from my experience for playing a few dozens of honey select based eroges, more or less I could say that the 2nd model would be more appealing and potentially popular
Not to mention that a bunch of ppl would avoid to play honey select games due to it's (sorry) "cheap" looks

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Not to mention that a bunch of ppl would avoid to play honey select games due to it's (sorry) "cheap" looks
Yeah, every girl tends to look identical and doll-like, men have specific bad faces and penises look like they're carved out of stone. Skin looks awful on everything.
There's already an overabundance of daz3d games so why would people make inferior 3dcg games to those?

t727

Jan 4, 2018
It's really hard to say, the glossiness on the chairs look the same in both pictures so I call it a draw.

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Yeah, every girl tends to look identical and doll-like, men have specific bad faces and penises look like they're carved out of stone. Skin looks awful on everything.
There's already an overabundance of daz3d games so why would people make inferior 3dcg games to those?
True, I might be a fan of honey select games but I won't deny ur statement, seeing the fact that out of almost 40 titles I've had to played so far, only less than 15 that I personally deemed "appealing"
It might be okay if it at the very least have a good premise, but obviously would be far more enjoyable if supported with good looking models :D

U

User_920791

Although it has certain limitations, Honey Select is an easy-to-use tool that does not require the developer to lose hundreds of hours to render all the scenes of a project.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Honey Select is an easy-to-use tool that does not require the developer to lose hundreds of hours to render all the scenes of a project.
You could then take that as a way to filter out devs who can't put the effort in. HS visuals should correlate with other aspects of game being lacking as well.
Can't say I've been impressed by the story or gameplay of the few HS titles I've played.

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

FapForYourLife

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
I gotta say, in my opinion, I love both Daz and HS
It maybe because I'm asian so I got accustomed of Japanese things(anime,manga,h-game)
but the main reason that I use HS for my game because HS is faster to render
At first I also use Daz but it take endless time to render 1 image(because I only have 5 year old laptop)
and this is an example of my work
143103_AliceShowcase2.1.png
this is the original Alice(Daz) same as Alice(HS ver.) in the 1st pic
so thank all of you for feedbacks, I will stick with 2nd one

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
1st one (click to enlarge)

View attachment 200327

2nd one (click to enlarge)

View attachment 200328 View attachment 200329
(left is with clothes, right is without clothes)

both are based on Honey select graphic.
I want your opinion on these. Which one that you like? why?
1st one is a pic from my game, you can feel free to play it
2nd one is a pic of heroine of my next project, which is not yet complete, I try to make her look like more westerner but it's end up like asian like me :oops:
so if anyone know how to make it or have a face preset or just value number please tell me!
I knocked something up quick, I do not know if she is anything you can work with?

U

User_920791

You could then take that as a way to filter out devs who can't put the effort in. HS visuals should correlate with other aspects of game being lacking as well.
Can't say I've been impressed by the story or gameplay of the few HS titles I've played.
Most of the bad games I've ever played were created using Daz3d and that does not make me think that all games made with this tool are bad.

The use of Honey Select may indicate that the developer does not have a high-end computer or that he has no experience with 3d models, but I don't think it can be used as indicative of poor quality.