What do you think about Second life and OpenSim animation and render use for adult game ?

techno2018

Jul 29, 2018
B01.png What do you think about Second life and OpenSim animation and render use for adult game ?
This is one model and scene from game which I start using Second Life for rendering scene and Visionaire Studio is a game engine .

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
It looks really ugly, sincerely. From what I can see, body models are horrible and the surfaces are very inferior to DAZ or other softwares.

Dr_Caine

Oct 7, 2021
Having played, worked and designed in Second Life for years, I'd say it's a good basis if you have some great Photoshop skills, but falls short of almost any major 3D studio software.

techno2018

Jul 29, 2018
Rendered female models.
the choice of wardrobe, scenes, animation and other props is very large

techno2018

Jul 29, 2018
Second Life is an online environment created by Linden Lab, a company based in San Francisco.
Second Life is an online world in which users (called residents) create virtual representations of themselves, called avatars,
users created and interact with other avatars, places or objects.
Linden does not create the content. The users, called “residents,” build everything.
Linden Lab encourages the creation of original content in Second Life. You should not use copyrighted, trademarked, or celebrity material in Second Life.
Linden Lab, made the decision to allow users to retain all intellectual property rights for virtual items that they created.
The users can rendered photos and video and have Copyright on that photos and video .
flickr.com is place where you can found million photos rendered in Second Life

Sep 4, 2020
[Aimed at people who are not particularly familiar with SL, not at the original post, who clearly knows SL]

Yeah, played SL a fair amount. It has issues if you wanted to use it this way, besides the legal stuff. Remember that SL is first and foremost a 3D shared world, so every compromise is made in favor of improving the shared experience. Everything else, including 3D quality, takes a back seat.

The current (I think) 3D tech used for characters is "mesh", as it is called in SL. Basically, the so-called "classic" model is masked out, and a new skin is wrapped around a bone structure. There are numerous mesh bodies and heads available in the SL market, with varying degrees of compatibility. The typical problems include discontinuities on the neck line, but those aren't the only ones. Various skins (yeah, skins are yet a separate purchase, and have to compatible with your purchased mesh for UV mapping to work - ka-ching!) have kludges to blur the problems.

There are further purchases (ka-ching, KA-CHING!) that can enable such goodies as bouncy physics, though the quality varies widely.

Oh, and one more thing to note, if you are planning to learn how to create your own assets to fit a particular story, that costs money too (ka-ching-ching-ching)! Basically, each upload to the online server costs in-world bucks (called Lindens, or L$) that you can buy with real world bucks via the SL website. Factor that cost into your design-upload-test cycle.

Or just get assets from in-world stores. Be prepared to spend lots of money though. So much ka-ching-i-ness.

Do people use SL for machinima? Oh yeah, lots. I bet they have workflows that include heavy post-processing in Photoshop or After Effects. But I would think Daz or Daz+Blender would be much easier and cheaper to use, and result in better renders that require less fixup work. It's not that SL tech is inferior as such, but that it is designed to solve a different problem.