What do you think of ai programming?

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
Chatgpt,I tried it, and it's amazing. It can be programmed quickly, but I don't know how to use it for renpy yet. Do you think it will be a very good auxiliary tool for renpy?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Chatgpt,I tried it, and it's amazing. It can be programmed quickly, but I don't know how to use it for renpy yet. Do you think it will be a very good auxiliary tool for renpy?
The problem with ChatGTP for coding is that it's very optimistic. You can ask it to write a chunk of code, and it'll happily do it, and if it doesn't know how it'll happily lie through its teeth. It'll do it intelligently, authoratively, and without mentioning "yeah, I made up this API here, it doesn't exist).

It's a text completion system, not a General AI. It feeds the previous thousands of words that's been said between you and it, and the instructions at the root, then works out what the logical "next sentence" would be, based on the input it's seen (most of the internet).

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
The problem with ChatGTP for coding is that it's very optimistic. You can ask it to write a chunk of code, and it'll happily do it, and if it doesn't know how it'll happily lie through its teeth. It'll do it intelligently, authoratively, and without mentioning "yeah, I made up this API here, it doesn't exist).

It's a text completion system, not a General AI. It feeds the previous thousands of words that's been said between you and it, and the instructions at the root, then works out what the logical "next sentence" would be, based on the input it's seen (most of the internet).
Thank you for your answers.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It seems that I still need to study hard, hahaha, I thought I could be lazy.
You have to study harder, because it CAN do the easy stuff :)

AI at the moment is still just a tool; it gets better, sometimes scarily so, but in the end it's (at this stage) primarily an automation tool.