What do you think of my boobs

iskillzi

Oct 8, 2017
I've never tried to do art before. I'm learning how to code and took a break for a couple hours to mess around in gimp and draw this.

Anyways. What do you think of my boobs?
(idk if I'll finish this or not. I focused mostly on the left side if you can't tell)

1651533551270.png

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
boobs connect to shoulders from the outside. it doesn't go in like that, it goes out. it's sort of an extension of the pectorial (which connects to shoulder, under the deltoids.)

also they don't touch each other when free. they only do that when you press them together.

if you give it a hint of the collarbones above it'll look much better. the midline of abs should probably not be visible, instead you can draw or hint at the edge of ribcage. for women it looks a little like a cathedral window, for men it's round and wide. that'll make the difference between looking like a woman instead of man with breasts.

but if you really haven't painted before that's a great try. I especially like that you shaded the undersides.

Last edited:

iskillzi

Oct 8, 2017
boobs connect to shoulders from the outside. it doesn't go in like that, it goes out. it's sort of an extension of the pectorial (which connects to shoulder, under the deltoids.)

also they don't touch each other when free. they only do that when you press them together.

if you give it a hint of the collarbones above it'll look much better. the midline of abs should probably not be visible, instead you can draw or hint at the edge of ribcage. for women it looks a little like a cathedral window, for men it's round and wide. that'll make the difference between looking like a woman instead of man with breasts.

but if you really haven't painted before that's a great try. I especially like that you shaded the undersides.
Ty for the advice. I actually was going for a pressing together look with the arms kinda going inward, but then I realized I don't know how to draw arms so never finished them lol

If I continue this I'll add what you recommended.

I've watched a fair bit of artists on youtube and shading seems to be the biggest deal to making something look realistic so that's kinda what I went for, lots of shade and lots of smudging :D

Reactions: woody554

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I misread the title and was expecting so see photos of your personal library.

But since I'm here... my only observation would be that the areolae seem too far outside. At the same time, imagining them moved inward even a bit still seems off.

That said, given your inexperience I'd say you have some natural talent. I tried my hand at drawing years ago and rarely produced anything I would have even considered sharing.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I've watched a fair bit of artists on youtube and shading seems to be the biggest deal to making something look realistic so that's kinda what I went for, lots of shade and lots of smudging :D
no, all of the polishing is kinda secondary. the most important thing to learn for drawing people is a construction method. which sounds abstract, but really is just basically the 'scaffolding' inside the person which you use to get the proportions right.

sort of like skeleton, but ball for a head and cylinders for limbs and fingers and so on. because it doesn't matter how good you are at shading or details, it'll look wonky and wrong as long as your construction is not there. every face will look different without construction. it's that thing when you see someone drawing basically amazingly well, but it still somehow looks just awful. that amateurish look. where as when you see a pro even sketching it looks amazingly realistic. it's not about the shading, it's not about the detailing, it's all about the construction underneath forcing the proportions correct like a clockwork.

there's a bunch of construction methods like the Loomis construction which you can google up, but it doesn't really matter which system you use. you can even make up your own after you understand proportions. the important thing is you USE one, every time, consistently. that gives your characters consistent proportions, your perspectives will be better and before all it will be MUCH easier to get the pose right than just eyeballing it. pretty much nobody is good enough to eyeball it, there will be big errors no matter how good you are. like your ear can be an inch off and you don't see it. you just see something is off, but because of various error correction methods our brain does it will hide that error from you.

so you first lightly draw your construction in the pose you want. it doesn't have to be perfect, but the better your constructions get the better your finished characters will also be. when you have your construction, you sketch your character over it. and one of the great things about constructions is you can now adjust your lines based on construction. if the 'head' is too wide, it's much much easier to see the small adjustment from construction line than trying to get it right the first time in the middle of empty white paper. it's almost cheating, it makes drawing so much easier.

if you thing about tracing, anybody can get a pretty good result tracing over an existing image. even if they never held a pen before. similarly it's easier to use the construction as your guide.

is it boring to learn? yeah, kinda. does it take more effort? yeah absolutely. and in the beginning it'll take a lot of time. but as it becomes a second nature to you and you know the proportions by heart, you'll do it in seconds. and the truth is your characters will never look passable before your construction is right. EVERYBODY you see drawing consistent characters, no matter how abstract and stylized, first draws construction. that's why they look so solid, like drawn by a machine.

but construction is also one of those things ALL of us try to get away without doing, and your brain will constantly fight you (because we're all inherently lazy) and make up excuses why you don't need to learn it. but you do. there's just no getting around it. and if you neglect it you'll still be forced to come back later because it's just one of those mandatory foundational skills. especially when drawing people.

but also remember to have fun. don't just grind constructions because you know it's the fastest way to get better. draw those tits and pussies as much as you can, that should be all the motivation you'll need. just draw a construction first for every horny babe taking 8 cocks in 2 holes on a space station and you'll get quickly better. if you don't have fun you'll never do it. make it a point to always have something fun to draw. never draw like apples or bananas unless they're in someone's ass. if that were the way schools taught drawing everybody would be a master.

tldr: draw tits every day, but start with construction lines.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
a tip about the smudging. you might of course need it for a certain look. but generally speaking every time you start to get bogged down noodling in one tiny spot, you're done there. it RARELY gets much better. it often takes only seconds redoing the whole thing, trying to get it right, where as you can be stuck noodling for 5 hours without any significant change.

we all still do that, but it's good to realize early on that it's mostly sign of either running out of steam or that something larger is wrong and you're trying to fix it with details. like the eye is not looking wrong because the left side of lower eyelid needs adjustment, but because half of the face is an inch off from where it should be. it always feels like you're doing your best work yet, but 99% of time you're just polishing a turd and no one else sees the difference.