What do you use to machine translate RPG Maker games?

DemonSealer

Jun 26, 2017
A long time ago, I used to use ChiiTrans Lite, but since it doesn't work anymore, I need to find a new machine translator for japanese RPG Maker, VX, Ace, etc (except for MV). What do all of you use? I tried Translator++, but it wasn't meant to be used as a machine translator, and I tried to use the RPG Maker Translator Master from github, but it doesn't work no matter how I try to install it.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Use textractor. It is in my personal opinion the best live text hooker at the moment. Very easy to use, can set it up with multiple translation APIs, and if you've used ITH/TA before you basically know how it works. The best part is it is all in one so you don't need to pair it with anything else. Aside from Textractor you could go with Visual Novel Reader but I find that thing glitches out half the time and breaks after a few uses.

DemonSealer

Jun 26, 2017
Use textractor. It is in my personal opinion the best live text hooker at the moment. Very easy to use, can set it up with multiple translation APIs, and if you've used ITH/TA before you basically know how it works. The best part is it is all in one so you don't need to pair it with anything else. Aside from Textractor you could go with Visual Novel Reader but I find that thing glitches out half the time and breaks after a few uses.
Oh thank you, this is helpful! One issue I'm having is that the main textbox and choice-lines are being combined together like in the image below. Same goes for the inventory/skills menu. Is there any way for it to make a different line to separate the dialogue and the choice-lines, or separating inventory/skill lines?

mtl.png

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Nope unfortunately not. The best way to accomplish that is really to find a UI translation or create one at least for like the menus. This is a downside to textractor to be honest. I usually pair it with a UI translation.