What does "dideridada" mean?

Courier_Young

Dec 10, 2021
I'm playing Disco Elysium and get stuck at making my own character(Yeah,I don't even start the game),quite obscure to me,but I really get obsessed with this one,so I read back and forth and google some time but still didn't figure out the meaning of dideridada,can anyone help me?Both show me the way or explain it explicitly will help,thanks! Snipaste_2022-02-07_09-57-13.png

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I'm playing Disco Elysium and get stuck at making my own character(Yeah,I don't even start the game),quite obscure to me,but I really get obsessed with this one,so I read back and forth and google some time but still didn't figure out the meaning of dideridada,can anyone help me?Both show me the way or explain it explicitly will help,thanks! View attachment 1639127
Well, apparently from what a user had reported on the following forum page (see below link) "dideridada" is just a fancy way of saying Steampunk apparently. Unless assuming that I misunderstood what the conversation was about. But, the architecture (i.e., visuals) of the game does give off a very "steampunky" feel, so dideridada could very well just be a very "fantastical" way of saying steampunk. But that's just me speculating and shooting in the dark here :unsure:

Reactions: Courier_Young

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Probably a made up word for the game universe?
karperie from the previous text also sounds like another made up word to represent fictional art styles

Reactions: Courier_Young

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Probably a made up word for the game universe?
karperie from the previous text also sounds like another made up word to represent fictional art styles
Yeah, also my thoughts.

was one, if not the, gallerist that put pop art on the center of the scene. Their Jan Kaarp being a postmodernist artist fit with this.

As for dideridada, it make me think about the movement ; a rejection of the 19th strictness in the early 20th. I don't recognize who can be behind the name of Revachol, but in a way it make sense to create an architectural movement based on this. What can be the worse in architecture than following a moment that reject everything, and therefore could create houses/building that looks like they are ready to collapse ? In terms of game it would also be a pleasure to create building that looks like nothing since pixels can not collapse.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Disco Elysium uses a bunch of made up words. It was written and designed by a Karelian-Estonian novelist. So some of the words have a certain influence of those languages.
Dideridada is the architectural style of one of the game's .