What does it mean when an update is grayed out?

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Occasionally, on the Latest Updates page, I'll see an update where the tile looks grayed out, like so:

View attachment 2923240
What does this indicate?
That is interesting, I am seeing all the games normally on the Latest Updates game page, and none are greyed out. Some games appear to have a symbol at the bottom right corner. This symbol looks like a refresh symbol, but I am not sure exactly what this symbol indicates. The photo of the greyed out game photo has the very same symbol next to it, however on my end some games appear with that same symbol but are not greyed out and appear normally. Pertaining to the greyed out game update photo, are you able to still click the game on the page? Or are you unable to? Greyed out in most situations indicates that something is unavailable.

Last edited:

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
That may wind up as a separate question; that watermark/icon is there sometimes and not others, in general:

Screenshot_20230911_223633_Chrome.jpg

It's on all of these updates except the one on the lower left (so, it's probably not tied to how long ago the page was updated, nor is it specific to grayed-out updates).

Still curious, now about both of these oddities....

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
That may wind up as a separate question; that watermark/icon is there sometimes and not others, in general:

View attachment 2923262

It's on all of these updates except the one on the lower left (so, it's probably not tied to how long ago the page was updated, nor is it specific to grayed-out updates).

Still curious, now about both of these oddities....
That game "Foster Home for Fantasy Girls" is not greyed out on my end. Are you still able to click on that game, and go to its game page?

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
OK, answering my own question:

As matt4116 suggested, I went to the page Foster's update tile and opened the page (with no issues).

This is game I'm not currently actively following, but I have paid attention to in the past. I looked at the page, and - lo and behold! - I saw that at the top of the page, one of the commands was "Unignore Thread."

Obviously, I had inadvertently hit "Ignore Thread" on this page at some point in this past.

So, a grayed-out update tile means you've ignored that thread.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
OK, answering my own question:

As matt4116 suggested, I went to the page Foster's update tile and opened the page (with no issues).

This is game I'm not currently actively following, but I have paid attention to in the past. I looked at the page, and - lo and behold! - I saw that at the top of the page, one of the commands was "Unignore Thread."

Obviously, I had inadvertently hit "Ignore Thread" on this page at some point in this past.

So, a grayed-out update tile means you've ignored that thread.
you were able to solve your own problem, that is great dude. :)
I am glad things worked out for you.