what does VN stand for

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place but what does the "VN" tag in games stand for?
also the http post request, does it have a negative operator? like for example if I want to search for all the completed renpy games I would use this:

but what if I wanted to search for all the renpy games that are not complete?(dont have the complete tag). is that possible?
like something like this(obviously it doesn't work)

U

User_10739

VN = Visual Novel

If you are searching for a ren'py game go to main page then choose the games forum, at the bottom of the page click on the thread display options and choose ren'py this will separate out all the ren'py games. The ones with the blue completed tags are obviously complete. Or if you just want completed games choose that instead of ren'py. You can also click on the color coded tag at the top for a sort.

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
VN = Visual Novel

If you are searching for a ren'py game go to main page then choose the games forum, at the bottom of the page click on the thread display options and choose ren'py this will separate out all the ren'py games. The ones with the blue completed tags are obviously complete. Or if you just want completed games choose that instead of ren'py. You can also click on the color coded tag at the top for a sort.
just saw the update on your post. what I was trying to say was if there is a way for me to search for all the games with the ren'py tag but without the completed tag. sorry if I sound confusing

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
just saw the update on your post. what I was trying to say was if there is a way for me to search for all the games with the ren'py tag but without the completed tag. sorry if I sound confusing
The correct term you're looking for is "Pre-fix" not tag.

I'll provide visual aid so it can help you out to search for what you want:

First we go the link to the main game forum:

You'll see all available "Pre-fix" options (image below):
upload_2018-1-7_0-53-4.png

If you choose one of them, the whole page will show the threads containing the chosen "Pre-fix".
Note: I don't know how to select two of them at the same time.

So in your case, you should choose the "Ren'Py" .

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
The correct term you're looking for is "Pre-fix" not tag.

I'll provide visual aid so it can help you out to search for what you want:

First we go the link to the main game forum:

You'll see all available "Pre-fix" options (image below):
View attachment 55594

If you choose one of them, the whole page will show the threads containing the chosen "Pre-fix".
Note: I don't know how to select two of them at the same time.

So in your case, you should choose the "Ren'Py" .
I know how to select a "pre-fix". and for selecting more than one "pre-fixes" you'll need to add this to the url>&prefix_ids[x]=y
where x is the index of the pre-fix you're working on and y is the id.
so if you wanna select only ren'py you should do this: (the id of the ren'py "pre-fix" is 7)

if you wanna select ren'py AND completed you should do this: (the id of the completed "pre-fix" is 18)

and if you wanna select ren'py AND completed AND VN you should do this: (the id of the VN "pre-fix" is 13)

what Im trying to say here is that I want to exclude one specific "pre-fix" from my results which im beginning to realize is not possible.

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
I don't think there is a way to search for more than 1 tag at a time.
lol wtf I just wrote an on how to search for more than one pre-fix at a time man.

this is two pre-fixes at a time

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
lol wtf I just wrote an on how to search for more than one pre-fix at a time man.

this is two pre-fixes at a time
wow, i can't believe I missed that. i've been looking for a way to do this for a year. haha.

I do have a weird habit of skipping posts with random blocks of code... mostly because those posts are usually ways to hack the game to cheat. I never thought to do a search that way intead of the point and click method.

question: how do you find the tag id's?

Reactions: verticald

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
wow, i can't believe I missed that. i've been looking for a way to do this for a year. haha.

I do have a weird habit of skipping posts with random blocks of code... mostly because those posts are usually ways to hack the game to cheat. I never thought to do a search that way intead of the point and click method.

question: how do you find the tag id's?
you should look at the destination url that each prefix has.
if you're on PC hover your mouse on different prefix links and it should give you the prefix ID at the bottom.

or just click on the prefix and look at the url when it loads.

bjc1030

Jul 12, 2017
you should look at the destination url that each prefix has.
if you're on PC hover your mouse on different prefix links and it should give you the prefix ID at the bottom.

or just click on the prefix and look at the url when it loads.
this is really useful to know but what about actual tags ? is there a way to search for more than one?
and by tags i mean

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
this is really useful to know but what about actual tags ? is there a way to search for more than one?
and by tags i mean

go here and type the tags you want to search for. if you want to search for more than one tags separate them with ','
like bdsm,blackmail,corruption