VN What genre do you usually like to play?

What genre do you usually like to play?

• Romance / Love

• Corruption

• NTR

• Corruption - love interest is forced

• Corruption - love interest likes it

• NTR - love interest is forced

• NTR - love interest cheats

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 8, 2020
I'm planning on creating my first game and I'd like to know what people usually like to play. These three genres are what I usually see here, feel free to comment if you have other genres in mind

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
hehe You'll probably get as many different selections as there are responses to your thread. I'm not into NTR but a lot of people do like that, I prefer the slow, but not ludicrously slow, corruption route with a little romance/love thrown in. I like keeping things within the family - it's a frowned upon/forbidden route which makes it more exciting (taboo always is!) but I don't like forced situations or violence.

Oct 8, 2020
hehe You'll probably get as many different selections as there are responses to your thread. I'm not into NTR but a lot of people do like that, I prefer the slow, but not ludicrously slow, corruption route with a little romance/love thrown in. I like keeping things within the family - it's a frowned upon/forbidden route which makes it more exciting (taboo always is!) but I don't like forced situations or violence.
I actually see a lot of people hating on NTR. Like whenever a game has it, I usually see comments saying they don't like it or would like to turn it off. Some even get really pissed off and go ape shit in the comment section hahah. Incest is probably not an option for me since I'm personally just not a fan of it. I think great games are made if the creator actually understands and likes the game itself. I think if a creator was forced to make something out of passion it wouldn't be a good high quality game. It would just feel forced.. But yeah I do agree with you, its a just a game after all, no one gets hurt, so maybe a bit of taboo makes it more exciting.

Reactions: Partomatic
Oct 8, 2020
Any more genres or sub-genres you can suggest guys, I'll add them in the poll. Like what kitkat102 said, he likes corruption route but doesn't like forced situations which could also be a sub-genre of corruption. Games like Girlfriend's Amnesia & The Personal Assistant could be examples of this sub-genre. But a girl liking to be corrupted like Chloe18 game is also another sub-genre of corruption. I'd really appreciate any suggestion and more votes from you guys thanks.

Oct 8, 2020
I've added some sub-genres and you guys can cast additional votes. I changed the vote limit to 3 options since some people like multiple genres.

Jack.M

Nov 3, 2018
Do you have a genre that you enjoy more than others? I think that making one with what you like would help you make a good game for those with similar tastes to yours.

Oct 8, 2020
Do you have a genre that you enjoy more than others? I think that making one with what you like would help you make a good game for those with similar tastes to yours.
I like romance where you protect the girl/s from some kind of danger. I like it to have an actual story and dilemma that you both have to face and not just talking buying flowers and chocolates kind of romance. But I also do enjoy other genres and sub-genres, maybe except incest.. just personally not into that sorta thing.

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Agree with that. If you broadly stick with what you like and are comfortable with, your game will be all the better for it. You'll enjoy the process of creating it (at least initially!) far more and you'll be more likely to actually complete the project.

Reactions: Nottravis

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I prefer romance/love and corruption, I don't mind other stuff incorporated if well done. NTR has to make sense to me, not just because I showered instead of making dinner. If my MC cheats, my LI can do the same. If not she shouldn't.

Oct 8, 2020
I can see the results are starting to change. Corruption is slowly closing the gap with Romance/Love. And both corruption sub-genres are toe-to-toe, whereas initially "love interest likes it" was way ahead. Remember guys, if you're in line you can vote!! keep on voting! XD

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I'm all for corrupting moms who secretly love it, but I agree you shouldn't do an incest game if it's not your thing. compromise on things that you feel neutral about (if you must), but never on things that actually tickle you the right way. it gets exhausting making the game after a while, and you won't be able to tough it out unless you REALLY like what you do. and you will have to tough it out, that's the reality of any long art project. inspiration don't mean shit at art.

Oct 8, 2020
I'm all for corrupting moms who secretly love it, but I agree you shouldn't do an incest game if it's not your thing. compromise on things that you feel neutral about (if you must), but never on things that actually tickle you the right way. it gets exhausting making the game after a while, and you won't be able to tough it out unless you REALLY like what you do. and you will have to tough it out, that's the reality of any long art project. inspiration don't mean shit at art.
thats true, i probably not even going to release my first game. i expect it to be so bad, ill probably just keep redoing it like a hundred times before it would be released..

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
My ideal genre is a couple who have been faithful to one another, but a situation occurs where they both start to open up their relationship. I don't like games where the MC is cucked, but if he knows that his wife is having sex with other guys and is cool with it because he's fucking other women too, then its sexy as hell.

That, and the MC having sex with married women in general is the best kind of NTR in my book.