What goes into a RPGMaker game (specifically) that makes you enjoy it?

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
What RPGMAKER games that have implemented engine exclusive functions that have made you notice and enjoy that game more?

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Well in most RPG maker I have played a big number of games in which I have a female protagonist + corruption and people trying to rape her. So if I had to say... I would guess good corruption mechanics for females?.

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
Well in most RPG maker I have played a big number of games in which I have a female protagonist + corruption and people trying to rape her. So if I had to say... I would guess good corruption mechanics for females?.
Ah interesting, i hope to remove rape completely from my game. What don't you like about the previous games? WHat was at fault

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
My biggest pet peeve is unnecessary combat. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Unless core features or stats are interwoven with the combat, or place a significant factor, I just think it's dull and boring. Also, you're not forced to use the turn-based combat. There are some creative outside the box ways of achieving 'combat' other ways. Some games it makes sense, like when you're a hero trying to overcome an adversary and that's the hook. If I'm some college student, or teacher, I don't want a fight scene (metaphor or not) involving other characters. It just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Cul

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
The best part of RPGM is exploring the map. Wandering around, meeting people, making friends, having some of them join your party and follow you on your adventure, fighting shoulder to shoulder with you in battles against evil creatures that are up to no good.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Ah interesting, i hope to remove rape completely from my game. What don't you like about the previous games? WHat was at fault
Overall I like characters trying to interact with me and don't feel in full control, the most similar thing that I get is with female MC and characters that try to have sex with her. I like monster girls with male MC but I would say most of them don't use RPG maker.

Have to say too that another thing that I like is being able to be a voyeur, finding characters having sex is quite a good add on.

Being clear on what I dislike:
-Harem appearing out of nowhere just because it has to
-NPC's that can't interact with you or other characters
-Lack of potential relationships between characters non related to the MC.

ProfLiquidDick

Oct 28, 2019
I really like it when games introduce more stats to micromanage e.g. corruption or alignment or body orifices' sizes.

Oh, and I dislike RPGMaker VNs. I just can't imagine more suitable engine for VNs than Ren'Py.

Reactions: Kinderalpha

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
Overall I like characters trying to interact with me and don't feel in full control, the most similar thing that I get is with female MC and characters that try to have sex with her. I like monster girls with male MC but I would say most of them don't use RPG maker.
What do you mean don't feel in full control? Could you please explain that sentence a bit more ?

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
What do you mean don't feel in full control? Could you please explain that sentence a bit more ?
Ok let's give an easy example, do you know those RPG games in which depending on stat checks you can convince a character, intimidate and things like that?, it's kind of following that line.

A good example could be degrees of lewdity, in that game our character can be attacked and raped, another one could be Tits or Coc if we talk about being defeated and raped. It isn't truly a choice but a consequence.

Overall I like things in that line, being able to be defeated, raped, limited in some ways because when I win it feels more significant. I usually have a mind of "give me a challenge and just leave me a tiny way to win".

Things like being able to lose the MC girlfriend, being able to be raped, that bad things can happen kind of motivates me a lot in games and to tell you the truth it excites me to achieve victory and get a harem in the end, I just enjoy the challenge and the difficulty, especially in hentai games, "oh that bastard was the one that cucked my MC? let's torture him slowly and get her back if I want", "oh that one used me as a slave? time for payback!", even if something bad happens it just makes the victory more sweet, I don't know what fetish would that be to tell you the truth.

P.D: To be more clear, it's exactly the opposite of the games that only have options for everything and that bad things only happen when you choose to (this is what I consider full control), but rather a world that moves around and if you aren't prepared enough or act carefully you may get quite a few problems.

P.D2: A mission of Tits that actually represents my liking is kiro quest: a leaf on the wind, a friend of the MC gets kidnapped and if you don't get fast enough she will be modified, if you aren't strong enough or you weren't prepared when it happened then you will have it hard to rescue her in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cul

ShootingStar

Jan 28, 2020
More immersion overall, as you get way more control and get to experience almost every detail that the enviroment has to offer.