What happened to Eclipse works

Slybeast99

Jun 22, 2017
Hey guys just wondering whatever happened to Eclipse Works???

l only really ask because in my opinion, they had two of the best RPGM games I've ever played and awesome art (wink, wink).

And it just seems like they disappeared after Ariadne, now l may be an idiot and they have a forum or blog out there that l don't know about with them saying they're making another game but either way does anybody know what's up or have they just disappeared.

And l guess while I'm at it can anybody recommend some games similar in nature to the Eclipse Works games.

Reactions: Fifth and taglag

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
I kinda would like to know too, if someone has informations. I'm assuming the group disbanded but did some people go somewhere else, are they making any other games ?

Because just like the OP, I do think Ariadne (and Magika even if it was way shorter) is one of the best RPGM games I've ever played.

Reactions: taglag

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Very long time ago, i vaguely recall reading that the group that made it (a doujin group) only wanted enough money to kickstart their actual careers and that making adult games was not actually their passion.
That was the rumour i read of, so i'm not sure it's also the truth.

gonnakms

Sep 10, 2017
Very long time ago, i vaguely recall reading that the group that made it (a doujin group) only wanted enough money to kickstart their actual careers and that making adult games was not actually their passion.
That was the rumour i read of, so i'm not sure it's also the truth.
they are so damn good at making h-games tho, the art is fking amazing too

Reactions: taglag

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Only thing I had against them was if you played the H-Scenes, you pretty well buggered your chance of a good ending, but many H-Jrpg do that.

SGGG

May 9, 2020
Unfortunately the rumors come true! :(

Info:

"Jonos, the
former representative of the circle who was the director and main illustrator at Magica and was in charge of some of the original drawings at Ariade,
left the circle at the end of March 2014 because it was difficult to continue his doujin activities due to various reasons. I will inform you.

All the members of the circle will always keep in
mind the "pursuit of entertainment" which is the basic principle of the establishment, and will do our best to meet everyone's expectations. Thank you for your continued support.

Eclipse works."

On May 26, 2014 after the game "Ariadne" was released it was announced:

"We have decided to reduce the number of stores handling circle works to two stores, DLsite and DMM Doujin . As
a result, Magica, which was distributed by "Digicket and Gyutto Doujin", will soon be discontinued.
If you purchased from both stores, please download as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding."

Originally he wanted to say more precisely what was going on. But I think it was due to the money problem and that's why his artist left and unfortunately there weren't many donors and his articles were bought. So it sold it all.

But nobody knows what he's doing now. Since he did not give any information. Since last news only for patch. And no thanks or whatever ... Really sad how such talents are wasted, for example.

Last edited: