What happens if I modify my top post in a game submission?

DaughterOfSif

Aug 21, 2022
For a game I recently submitted, I'd like to make a slight change to the overview description and changelog. Given that mods are the ones supposed to make updates to game submissions, am I allowed to do this? Would it affect the game's searchability or anything?

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
You would cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For a game I recently submitted, I'd like to make a slight change to the overview description and changelog. Given that mods are the ones supposed to make updates to game submissions, am I allowed to do this? Would it affect the game's searchability or anything?
It'll be fine as long as you're actively helping, not screwing with the community. A common pitfall is the case where the dev posted v0.1 here, then when v0.2 comes out he's hoping to keep it Patreon only for a month, but of course it's almost immediately leaked. In a rage he comes back here, edits the links to put back the 0.1v, and then has the :surprisedpicachu: face when he loses control over the thread.

If you're just adding more screenshots, tweaking the text, adding in extras, etc, you'll be fine.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Just know that whenever you have questions to moderation you can just create a ticket and they will answer your questions.

That's how you ask for your developer badge as well in case you want it.