What information does Patreon provide creators when patrons subscribe?

Deleted member 1647502

Sep 13, 2019
Can Patreon creators see your paypal information when you pay Patreon for access to their content? Can they see your first and last name?

What information does Patreon provide them when you subscribe?

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
Interesting. I was never going to use Patreon in the first place but being able to see people's email guarantees that i'll stay away. I wonder why they'd let you see a patron's email address because that seems unnecessary to me and i'm kind of shocked that so many people are okay with that.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Interesting. I was never going to use Patreon in the first place but being able to see people's email guarantees that i'll stay away. I wonder why they'd let you see a patron's email address because that seems unnecessary to me and i'm kind of shocked that so many people are okay with that.
Are you okay with the fact that your mailbox is on your front lawn where anyone can go up to it? If you are so concerned why not just use a burner email?

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
Are you okay with the fact that your mailbox is on your front lawn where anyone can go up to it? If you are so concerned why not just use a burner email?
Actually my mailbox isn't at my home and it's also locked :)

Because i have too many things to keep track of already, and i've already had the problem of dummy email accounts getting deactivated because i wasn't logging into them. Regardless of if a workaround is available, i still don't see why email addresses are shared.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Mail boxes on the front lawn is a weird American thing that isn't done in the rest of the world

+1 to burner email though