What is the best service for creator support?

Juanmamola76

May 6, 2018
As I am in need of money because food sadly does not fall from trees, at least not from those in my garden, I was wondering in the ever-changing cyberscape what is the current page of support for creators through patronage.

Which ones accept paypal or not, commission percentages.
And acceptance of content like loli and shota.

Thank you very much for your time.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As I am in need of money because food sadly does not fall from trees,
I'll stop you right there. Unless you live in a country where the change rate, or living cost, is really at your advantage, it don't works like this. A creator have ~80% chances to earn less than US$ 200/month, and only ~5% chances to earn at least US$ 5,000/month. All this being before taxes, and without counting the expenses needed to make the game.

Reactions: Jaike

Juanmamola76

May 6, 2018
Friend, the one who doesn't know how it works is you.
This is not about probabilities, this is not a magic lottery where if you win you are lucky and if you don't you are not. This is about offering a product that people are interested in and want to support you for it, and hoping that that product attracts enough people over time and that turns into enough money to sustain itself.

I'll thank you for the sincere message, but I'm not a stupid kid.
I'm simply weighing various possibilities.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Greiya Archives

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
  • Patreon: Monthly Subscriptions. very popular. Supports PayPal. Restricts content.
  • SubscribeStar: Monthly subscriptions. Way less popular. Doesn't support PayPal (I send my payments directly to my bank). Doesn't restrict content.
  • Itch.io: One time purchases. Very popular. Supports PayPal. Doesn't restrict content.
  • Steam: One time purchases. Very popular. Restricts content.
Nothing preventing you from using all four if you so wish (I use the first three). Good luck!

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
This is about offering a product that people are interested in and want to support you for it, and hoping that that product attracts enough people over time and that turns into enough money to sustain itself.

I'll thank you for the sincere message, but I'm not a stupid kid.
Then if you are not a stupid kid don't start by saying you are in need of money and you won't get discouraging answers. Because if you are actually in need of money, not even your planned masterpiece would let you escape from starvation overnight and you'd be way better off looking for a proper job. Now, if you are willing to work your way over time and have enough resources to sustain yourself, then that's a completely different story.

Anyway, loli and shota are incompatible with any paypal option you may think of

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This is not about probabilities, it is not a magic lottery where if you win you are lucky and if you don't you are not. This is about offering a product that people are interested in and want to support you for it, and hoping that that product attracts enough people over time and that turns into enough money to sustain itself.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If you say so...

[...] but I'm not a stupid kid.
Then why are you asking something that have been answered so many times ?

Patreon will not let you put loli in your game.
Subscribestar is slowly turning into random shit.
Steam is a lottery, you can have your game approved one day, then rejected the next day, and you'll never know why one or the other happened.
Itch.io is great but more limited, and by default the users will only have to pay once for all.
dlsite depend on the Japanese Law and therefore need censoring.
As for tip jar, they obviously are less constants.

Reactions: Juanmamola76

Juanmamola76

May 6, 2018
Then if you are not a stupid kid don't start by saying you are in need of money and you won't get discouraging answers. Because if you are actually in need of money, not even your planned masterpiece would let you escape from starvation overnight and you'd be way better off looking for a proper job. Now, if you are willing to work your way over time and have enough resources to sustain yourself, then that's a completely different story.
I'm not going to go live under a bridge anytime soon. It was simply a funny comment.
I want knowledge to prepare a possible path.

Then why are you asking something that have been answered so many times ?
Because I don't know the answer?
Because maybe someone else has some knowledge that I don't?

I am grateful for the answers. I have already learned several things I didn't know.
It is not my intention to be rude.