What is the name of that genre?

Loleklolaki

Mar 24, 2018
Hey guys!

I just have a quick question :

What are games called, where you are able to go to different places? For example if I remember correctly, in Dreams of Desire, you had a map and were able to visit " Mom's Room " , " Sister's Room " , " Neighbor's House " etc.
Basically, is there a special name for those kind of games with specially that feature?

Thank you in advance!

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
not really a genre, thats pretty much how every ren'py game is. unless you're talking about incest

fitboy

May 8, 2018
Hey guys!

What are games called, where you are able to go to different places? For example if I remember correctly, in Dreams of Desire, you had a map and were able to visit " Mom's Room " , " Sister's Room " , " Neighbor's House " etc.
Basically, is there a special name for those kind of games with specially that feature?

Thank you in advance!
when you are able to move from place to another
it's called sandbox or open world

Loleklolaki

Mar 24, 2018
not really a genre, thats pretty much how every ren'py game is. unless you're talking about incest
The problem is, most ren'py games which I find pretty " attractive ", do not have that feature and are like kinda straight forward. And I am looking for games, which give me the opportunity to decide, which place I want to visit next, by choosing it on a map.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hey guys!

Thank you in advance!
Well, it should be "free roaming" or "open world", although it's not exactly that (like in some AAA games).