what is the point?

13mpty

Aug 31, 2019
so..... my understanding is f95 is a piracy site for adult games... but we don't get the games once they are released because the developer requested it? because the game will be available for free on a later date?... so what is the point then?... its like not going to pay for Hitman III because is going to be free on later date some day?... doesn't make sense... if you are pirate... then let it be

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
If someone shares it then we get it, you see the occasional disclaimer about it on some game threads. If a developers ever stopped that I've not heard of it.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
You don't get games, because someone like a Patreon has not leaked it. You also do not get games if they break the rules of this site.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
What's the point? I would ask what's the hurry?

I don't know if we're talking about something in specific, but if a dev said he'll make his game public a week or two after, then what's the big rush? Let him do as he wants, let him grab that patreon money from those who don't want to wait, let him have the oportunity to have a smaller audience playing his game to find and reports bugs, let him have the time to do changes if he wants/needs it. The dev is making a game that most people will play and give him asbolutely nothing in return, why not at least give him some time?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
What's the point? I would ask what's the hurry?

I don't know if we're talking about something in specific, but if a dev said he'll make his game public a week or two after, then what's the big rush? Let him do as he wants, let him grab that patreon money from those who don't want to wait, let him have the oportunity to have a smaller audience playing his game to find and reports bugs, let him have the time to do changes if he wants/needs it. The dev is making a game that most people will play and give him asbolutely nothing in return, why not at least give him some time?
I mean, usually devs will have to compromise here, too. This is certainly among the biggest, if not the biggest platform for western erotic games and if a dev really wants to advertise/engage here with quite a few potential patrons, he'll usually have to live with the fact that his game gets released for free sooner than later.

I have supported quite a few devs and I still support some, but I'd immediately pull my support/never support a dev who starts to make troubles about content being shared here. In my opinion they just can't have it both.

Last but not least, if the product is good, people will pay anyway.

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
I may be wrong but I don't think the dev has any sort of control of what is posted on the game thread. If the game didn't show up here on release date it's just because no one leaked it.

Keep in mind that, in some cases, you probably don't want it to be leaked on release date either. That extra support the dev would receive could help him buy assets to make the game better for you, and, in extreme cases, could even make the difference between him abandoning his project or not.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I may be wrong but I don't think the dev has any sort of control of what is posted on the game thread. If the game didn't show up here on release date it's just because no one leaked it.

Keep in mind that, in some cases, you probably don't want it to be leaked on release date either. That extra support the dev would receive could help him buy assets to make the game better for you, and, in extreme cases, could even make the difference between him abandoning his project or not.
That is correct.
Even when a developer has ownership over the thread, you can only add screenshots, change the layout a bit, add tags, and so on. However, you cannot remove any link, if you do, your thread ownership will be revoked and given to a bot instead.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
so..... my understanding is f95 is a piracy site for adult games...
And here is the problem.

Yes, F95zone is a place where you'll find games (and more) for free, but it's way more than just a piracy site. It's a community where you'll find the whole adult gaming scene.

This imply that, unlike site dedicated to piracy, the staff don't spend money pledging for all games in order to be able to make them available the instant they are released ; anyway, nowadays piracy site tend to just lurk the threads here, few still spend money with the intent to earn way more. Therefore, like said by others, a game will be available here when someone will provide a link to the last update. If this person is a patron, you'll have the game few hours after the official release, and if he isn't, then you'll have the game when it will be publicly available.

But if really you can't stand waiting, pledge for the games you like the most. After all, those authors deserve your money, since they achieve to make you so addicted to what they do.