Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
Hey guys, soo Im still newbie in daz and still figuring out things
I have this problem on some scenes. I'm getting this weird crack like things
How to fix it? It's not hair that for sure
1661974169233.png

redharvest1

Jun 7, 2019
That seems to happen with hairs made by outoftouch. I don't really know why.

Because they use a scalp geograft shell... and that dev doesn't make it auto follow the character morphs thus you get the black line where it clips the forehead.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Because they use a scalp geograft shell... and that dev doesn't make it auto follow the character morphs thus you get the black line where it clips the forehead.
I think it happens with most dforce hair.
So the solution mentioned to increase the value for the head (from the hair) is the best option. In some other topic a healing brush in your favorite photo app will do that as well. Did not try it myself though.
Usually this happens if the angle is not right and i noticed that you can pretty much see it in the viewport when it's loading as there are spots open in the scalp.
My advise is to just experiment and spot render that part until it's right. Less hassle later on.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hey guys, soo Im still newbie in daz and still figuring out things
I have this problem on some scenes. I'm getting this weird crack like things
How to fix it? It's not hair that for sure
View attachment 2017113
One thing to check is where the character in question is in the scene. The farther a character is away from (0,0,0), the greater the chance of artifacts like this. It has to do with the way that iRay represents numbers, and the fact that there's less precision the farther away from (0,0,0) you go. I've found that if you reposition everything in the scene so that your character is at X=0, Z=0, that many times these kinds of artifacts go away. Not always, but...

The attached ZIP file has a script that was posted quite a while back on Daz's forum. If you select your character and then run the script, it will recenter everything for you.
View attachment Recenter In World.zip View attachment Recenter In World.zip

Reactions: xinkala