What is your strikezone on star rating?

What star rating do you start skipping?

• Total voters

Voidzer

Jul 11, 2017
When looking at the list of games on here at what star rating do you start skipping over games?

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Most of times I don't look at the star rating. I usually read the tags, description, even the dev notes and the screenshots. If the game has 1-2 star ratings maybe I'll take a look at the reviews to see if I skip.

Normally, due to having to read the thread to see if it has enough gay content to interest me, I catch enough info of the game through the way. That's when I skip.

Last edited:

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I tend to be wary of the extremes, too many 5 stars or too many 1 stars and I wonder what is going on.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I generally don't look at games under 3 stars if they got a decent amount of reviews.

Reviewers in general got pretty low standards for giving out high star ratings, so when a game has low overall rating you can almost guarantee its a shit game in every aspect imaginable.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
2.5 stars is where the game is probably objectively bad. It might still have its niche audience that loves it (Jobeo's games) but to the average player it's very likely a waste of time.

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
I found out there is some rating after years of using this site :unsure: Not that this revelation changed anything, still don't care. I don't look at ratings in general, but in this particular case it's even more useless, since ppl can give high\low rating for the game having\not having some kinks or themes, update frequency and so on, which is little to do with actual game quality.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Gabaw

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
I dont look Star rating i also choose game based on tags, and dev descriptions also watching game update changelog.

And i seldom rate games. Mostly I rate games that are realy good and is lengthy enought so i can give 5 star. Or game missing TAG or game description with non appreciated content so i can give 1 star.

Reactions: Gabaw

nulnil

May 18, 2021
I generally don't care too much about ratings, as much as that comes to bite me later. I'd usually look at the reviews and see what people specifically have to say about a game if I'm not convinced to play it.

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
I only start paying attention to ratings when at least 5 or more people have rated, before that I'll play the game if it is to my liking.

After a game has 5 or more ratings, I'd say my general cutoff is around 2.5 stars. For me to play a game at or under this, the game either has to have some of my niche tags or cater to my tastes in one way or another. Around 3 to 3.5 stars I'll still investigate a lot of info about the game (tags, length, screenshots, grind, bugs etc) before I take the plunge. And then 4 stars and up I'll basically try anything, as long as it doesn't have any bullshit mechanic or too much grind, and doesn't have any cursed tags.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
The number of stars a game has isn't the first thing that attracts my attention. It is usually the tags, description, and screenshots that get my attention first.
If the description is lacking or the screenshots don't show much, I will peek at the reviews and see what people are saying about the game. If it is just people gushing or ranting about how good/bad it is, I will stop reading and go check the comments to see what is going on and then decide if I want to try the game out.

DD-MegaDoDo

Jun 13, 2023
When I'm looking for something new to try, I just about always sort the "latest updates" tab by star ratings then move down the pages. I usually won't venture much below 4.0 before I find something interesting.

But I'm also not one to try new releases. I'm really only interested in trying something if there's enough content where I have a chance to get immersed in the game – so I'll glance at the likes and views, to tell me whether or not a game is brand new – it also helps filter out any with high ratings but a low sample size.

I'm actually really curious now why the others commenters feel the star ratings have little to no value. I can see if you're looking for something really niche, but then filter by that tag and sort by stars, you'll find the top rated games with exactly what you're looking for..no?

Please, share your hidden gems..

Semetrika

Jan 24, 2023
I look for rating. Problem is rating itself not tell if game is good or bad, so i read reviews and check how many people like this reviews Doesnť matter if rating is 1 or 5 star. But overall mostly depends on description, tags, genre and if i looking game for fapping or playing.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Star rating is mostly meaningless, but not completely. It's helpful weeding out games with horrific translations and grinding. 4 stars is generally my limit, but I have played a few 3 stars that I enjoyed. I'll still try a three star if it looks interesting enough.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
For myself, there isn't a rating where I start skipping games. I have skipped more 5 star games, than I have 1 star games.

Tags come first.

I really don't care how many people are gushing about how great a game is, if it doesn't have tags I am interested in or has tags that I am NOT interested in, it becomes an auto skip.
I will look at the ratings to know what people think about a game. The more detailed a review is the more value it has to me, because reading that it is just the bestest and I should play it now or LOL graphics sux are not helpful.