Seeking What makes a great game?...

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Please tell me your top 3 games and why. Go into as much detail as possible. I am finalizing my development plan for a new game and would really appreciate any input. Also list anything that is a major turn off for you in a game.

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Top three smut games? That's a bit tough. There are a lot of games I like. There are a few major features I really like, so I'll list those.

- Acknowledging the player's choice. This is kinda mandotory of good RPG and visual novel games with multiple routes and endings. Some games like this are Sisterly Lust, Where it All Began, Hypnosis, and My Legacy. But not just the big things, but little things too - like if the MC is a jerk and sneaks the condom off or something, that should be acknowledged.

- Avoidable undesired fetishes. I'm actually really vanilla. I avoid most games with NTR, Trans, Ryona, Rimming and Furries like the plague. Mlifs and mother/son incest is so common it has become boring. I really like impregnation. Other people will feel differently. But to maximize your target audience, it's best to be able to either turn these features off entirely, or make them obvious in-game so that they can be avoided. WVM does both, by letting you choose if your best friend is trans, and you can avoid the old ugly nurse entirely.

- Animated. Self explanatory.

- Audio. Some games have good music. Some games are completely quiet. It's a nice touch when done and isn't overpowering. Some games include moaning and such during scenes. Try to keep it natural if you implement audio. A good example how to NOT do audio is the RPGM game Manilla Shaw.

Reactions: Dave98424

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
3. Personal Trainer. I don't have a long list of reasons why. It's easy to follow, has plenty of content and hits all bases.

Main reason is Jenna. I love muscle women and she's a hot muscle woman. If it was just a game full of her it would probably be my number 1.

2. Alison Fall of the Apple. Main reason, i'm in it and have an amazonian goddess as a mistress. I can't argue. It has a lovely romance route, plenty of content and I get fucked by a hot badass of a woman.

1. Elsaverse. Can't pick 1 so all 4 are going under that.

The Elsaverse games as well as those leading up came out at a time when I was going through a lot of IRL shit. I found Tlaero's works and the writing drew me in and gave me a whole new world to get lost in. From the first Keeley game to Christine to Dreaming with Elsa when the Elsaverse arch started they took my mind off a lot of crap and kept me in a good place.

Not just that but the world building, characters and overall story was absolutely fantastic.

Special mentions.

Dog Days of Summer. Lesbian based games are still insanely rare. Dog Days came out a few months ago and hits everything i've wanted in a lesbian orientated game. You can go dom, sub and have a pick of the girls. Assuming it reaches completion it will probably end up in my top spot.

Bad Memories. Absolutely awesome so far with a good story and fantastic characters. Reccy has gold on his hands. A few more updates once the story starts filling out propery and relationships start taking off and the worlds his oyster.

Heavy Five. My hunni, Notty has had a few set backs but is getting on track.

Reluctant Archon. Another game i'm in with a great fantasy story and some awesome characters. It was a toss up with this and Dog Days for number 3 but the lesbo stuff just pipped.

Erisa's Summer. A pure lesbian game that struck an instant chord with me. It hasn't had enough updates for me to gush all over it but if the dev keeps up how he's started it's going straight in my top list.

V.U.l.V.A and C.L.I.T. both lesbian themed games and both great.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Top three smut games? That's a bit tough. There are a lot of games I like. There are a few major features I really like, so I'll list those.

- Acknowledging the player's choice. This is kinda mandotory of good RPG and visual novel games with multiple routes and endings. Some games like this are Sisterly Lust, Where it All Began, Hypnosis, and My Legacy. But not just the big things, but little things too - like if the MC is a jerk and sneaks the condom off or something, that should be acknowledged.

- Avoidable undesired fetishes. I'm actually really vanilla. I avoid most games with NTR, Trans, Ryona, Rimming and Furries like the plague. Mlifs and mother/son incest is so common it has become boring. I really like impregnation. Other people will feel differently. But to maximize your target audience, it's best to be able to either turn these features off entirely, or make them obvious in-game so that they can be avoided. WVM does both, by letting you choose if your best friend is trans, and you can avoid the old ugly nurse entirely.

- Animated. Self explanatory.

- Audio. Some games have good music. Some games are completely quiet. It's a nice touch when done and isn't overpowering. Some games include moaning and such during scenes. Try to keep it natural if you implement audio. A good example how to NOT do audio is the RPGM game Manilla Shaw.
I have to ask what is "Ryona", never heard that one before?... Also thanks for all the info. I am working on all of those points so far and the audio is undecided at this point. I think the first few updates will be audio free and over time I will work to include it. Anyone else have any thoughts on the importance of audio ?....

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
I have to ask what is "Ryona", never heard that one before?... Also thanks for all the info. I am working on all of those points so far and the audio is undecided at this point. I think the first few updates will be audio free and over time I will work to include it. Anyone else have any thoughts on the importance of audio ?....
Ryona is brutality, like chopping limbs off.

Flat

Donor
Aug 3, 2017
Not really the list you want but here are the features many games I enjoy have.

1. Characters that have the intelligence of a normal person (looking at you female protagonist of JPese games).
2. You shape the character, the world around him/her. This is what differs a game from a book.
2.5 The ability to avoid NTR xD
3. A decent UI and gameplay.
QoLs: text skipping; text/quest log; fast battle (if RPG); save fast, save everywhere. UI scaling.
Character development, fucking is not the only thing : )