What nice features that you wish f95zone had?

Chronoe

Oct 13, 2017
I wish There was a way to mark.

-"Completed games" (games that you already completed)
-"Game in progress" (Waiting for updates for you to play)?

Add these tabs in your profile page, so you and others can see the games you already played and the ones, you still playing.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017
-> A list index of every game that has been uploaded, sortable by genre, ratings, tags and what not.
-> Freedom of Speech
-> Strike out Rule 7. I don't buy the excuse behind it. Bring back "Young Wife Souffle" and "Prank Wars". Much older forums like Anime Sharing have always hosted games like those and never had any issue. Actually, this is only site I know that bans those kinds of games.

• Haha
Reactions: Alea iacta est

Chronoe

Oct 13, 2017
-> A list index of every game that has been uploaded, sortable by genre, ratings, tags and what not.
-> Freedom of Speech
-> Strike out Rule 7. I don't buy the excuse behind it. Bring back "Young Wife Souffle" and "Prank Wars". Much older forums like Anime Sharing have always hosted games like those and never had any issue. Actually, this is only site I know that bans those kinds of games.
1. Well thats not what the (https://f95zone.to/latest/) already does?
2. Always good to speak what's in your mind. but is also good to censor ourselves sometimes.(Never say anything to anyone. That you wouldn't wish for yourself.

3. I think that's because these are games a lit bit in the other side of the law with underage sex. And a lot of people don't like this type of games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Timelord Victorious

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
A proper in-depth tagging system based on the booru or e-hentai approach. Similar to the "Genre" list in most OPs but properly searchable and with standardised terms including aliases so "pee", "piss", "urination", "watersports", "golden shower" etc. actually share one common root you can search for/blacklist. Similarly allow composite tags or "namespaces" to distinguish who takes which role (i.e. if a game is tagged "female protagonist" and "rape", are you the rapist or the victim? - yeah I know that one is 99% obvious) and enough freedom to differentiate between genuine homosexuality and bisexuality (two girls kissing during a threesome does NOT qualify as "lesbian"!)

Unless this failed in the past due to lazy ignorant fuckwits, allow non-English games but only in a dedicated subforum which collects all translation/unpacking/patching info we have in the stickies.

Similarly to OP's "game in progress" suggestion, allow us to put threads/games on some kind of "update watch" which only dings if the OP is updated. I know this is not ideal as sometimes other contributors post new updates or patches but the OP should catch up eventually and it's better to be late than to forget the game entirely. On that note, maybe add a timeout if you leave Alerts unread so any further update to that thread produces a new alert.

And a lot of people don't like this type of games.
That really shouldn't be any argument at all. Mandatory blacklistable tag or a quarantine subforum maybe, but then you need the same for NTR, incest, scat, guro and probably a few others. However I was under the impression the rule exists to avoid unwanted attention from law enforcement as "technically legal" doesn't count for much when the outrage mob is against you.

Chronoe

Oct 13, 2017
A proper in-depth tagging system based on the booru or e-hentai approach. Similar to the "Genre" list in most OPs but properly searchable and with standardised terms including aliases so "pee", "piss", "urination", "watersports", "golden shower" etc. actually share one common root you can search for/blacklist. Similarly allow composite tags or "namespaces" to distinguish who takes which role (i.e. if a game is tagged "female protagonist" and "rape", are you the rapist or the victim? - yeah I know that one is 99% obvious) and enough freedom to differentiate between genuine homosexuality and bisexuality (two girls kissing during a threesome does NOT qualify as "lesbian"!)

Unless this failed in the past due to lazy ignorant fuckwits, allow non-English games but only in a dedicated subforum which collects all translation/unpacking/patching info we have in the stickies.

Similarly to OP's "game in progress" suggestion, allow us to put threads/games on some kind of "update watch" which only dings if the OP is updated. I know this is not ideal as sometimes other contributors post new updates or patches but the OP should catch up eventually and it's better to be late than to forget the game entirely. On that note, maybe add a timeout if you leave Alerts unread so any further update to that thread produces a new alert.

That really shouldn't be any argument at all. Mandatory blacklistable tag or a quarantine subforum maybe, but then you need the same for NTR, incest, scat, guro and probably a few others. However I was under the impression the rule exists to avoid unwanted attention from law enforcement as "technically legal" doesn't count for much when the outrage mob is against you.
yeah, I get it. a system like VNDB.
(Well atleast at moment i'm glad with what they done, when I started to use this Forum there was no way to search game by tags. You needed to search game by engine RPGM-Unity-Renpy etc)

This "Update watch" would be a nice addition to the forum.

I agree that "And a lot of people don't like these type of games. " should not be an excuse.
But yeah I could understand they not wanting underage content in the forum to not get in legal trouble

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017
1. Well thats not what the (https://f95zone.to/latest/) already does?
That could work. Last time I used that feature it didn't have nearly that much filtering power. However I'd make some changes and add some features:

-> Option for infinite scrolling. Too much pagination is bad UX.
-> Put the tile layout in the front page instead of inside "options". I much prefer the list layout over the card one since it clusters less the page and my view. Also, remember my choice for next visits, if I refresh the page it roll back to card tile.
-> Mark threads that you have already visited.
-> Multiple sorting aggregation. Right now I can only toggle between one another(name sorting or rating sorting, but not both, for example).
-> Any filter applied should be distinctively shown as you scroll to that category(i.e. If I sort by name, before and above the first "A" game tile, there should be a space populated with the letter "A" indicating the start of that sorting category).
-> Add another tab besides "latest updates" called "browse games" in which the list tile is default and either 1. nothing is shown until you filter the results, or 2. it start with an agnostic sorting, such as name sorting. Add a message on the page specifying its purpose(e.g. "Use the filters to browse and discover games!"). The issue with the tab "latest updates" is that it gives a literal impression that you'll only find latest updates; I mean, I assumed that much before you answered me.

One of the issues I have with this forum is how almost every design is thought out emphasizing only the discovery of newer games and not past old ones.

Last edited:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Please keep the talk on-topic, Rule 7 related matters have been discussed to death in other threads and it's not open to changes at this time.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
I wish it was easier to search for game threads from other places on the forum. Sometimes I read about a game that isn't linked and I never find the thread unless I open a new tab in the gaming subforum. I can't even filter Latest Updates by the title.

I would love more features on the Latest Updates page. It is the first page I go to and would love to be able to hide games without clicking the link to go to the forum to ignore. Also as mentioned above, it would be nice to search by name on this page.

Finally I wish there was a subforum for game walkthroughs and game specific threads. I find it clutters up General Discussions when I am just looking for general topics not related to specific games.

Reactions: Aleatory

Aleatory

Jun 22, 2017
Would love to see an easier way to ignore a game thread from the Latest Updates page, just so my lazy ass doesn't have to click on the game and then ignore it.
Pretty sure that there's no plugin for that, unfortunately, so didn't bother to make a feature request for this.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I wish there's a function where my activity is hidden from Redbitch00's eyes. So I can trolling threads without worrying.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
The Cuckold, Netori and Netorase tags in addition to the NTR tag.

The ability to only show new games in the latest games & updates page.

Reactions: rgnar62

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
The ability to only show new games in the latest games & updates page.
How is this different from sorting the Games forum by "Descending First Post"? Honest question, as far as I can tell it would only save you from having to mouse over entries to see their preview image.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
How is this different from sorting the Games forum by "Descending First Post"? Honest question, as far as I can tell it would only save you from having to mouse over entries to see their preview image.
you can't filter using tags

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
I definitely would like to add a vote also to some sort of tag for Google Translate or other poorly written VNs.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Wish there is option for filters to remeber not to show only unread but all threads in watched games section. It's boring to remove that filter annoyance every time I go there.

Nov 24, 2019
A good thing to add to this website for filter they can put systems like not every game runs Mac and not every game runs window or linux so that way I can filter all the games I can play depending on what system I'm running like currently I'm on a Mac but I also have Windows but I'm waiting to buy a motherboard for the laptop but while I'm on Mac it would make it easier to find all the games that run Mac as well and for it to be filtered out just like how they do the tags and game engines