What non-NSFW aspects of NSFW games do you enjoy?

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
I'm always interested in hearing other opinions on subjects, thus the thread.

While doing some research (read: game playing), I began asking myself what I enjoyed about games found on F95 that had nothing really to do with sex. Looking at the games I gravitate towards the most, I realize I enjoy games with humorous wit as well as others that dealt with existentialism.

So, here's the thread question to you. What non-sexual aspects of adult games do you enjoy the most?

Mar 7, 2018
Hmm, I think mostly the athmospher and setting, and the characters, if they have depth, it can be fun to learn to know them. This isn't very common as most of the games are "slice-of-life" in a modern setting with generic characters in them, so its rare.

Godus33

Dec 29, 2018
I used to play visual novels when I was younger, purely for their character development, story and basic game mechanic.
I remember Bunny Black being my favorite for that, the CGs were pretty cool even the non NSFW ones.

Nowadays I'm still having a bit of issues finding decent games but there's always one unpolished gem among the junk.
(A man's junk can be another man's treasure hehe)

Correct me if I'm wrong but A Town Uncovered (dunno if I'm giving the right name) is a decent one that has good development.
Sure, it's incest and has no real mechanic other than a simple Dating Sim but eeeeh, the art is pretty okay.

Not to mention that it usually fullfil our wildest fantasies that we can't really accomplish or act upon in real life.

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong but A Town Uncovered (dunno if I'm giving the right name) is a decent one that has good development.
Sure, it's incest and has no real mechanic other than a simple Dating Sim but eeeeh, the art is pretty okay.

Not to mention that it usually fullfil our wildest fantasies that we can't really accomplish or act upon in real life.
There's usually some fans out there for every game. I do like A Town Uncovered (which I actually just started playing this morning), and it seems like good development. Very close to a copy of Summertime Saga, which I also enjoy.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I like that it's writing stories where we assume that everyone reading is an adult. So we can do sex, sure, but we can also do jealousy, rage, alcohol, drugs, loss, death.

It's like making content for "after the watershed". Except without having to worry about whatever additional rules they added.

Reactions: Bartex

Bartex

Dead and Loving It
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
A good story. Without a good story, there is no good game (unless it's a sandbox). Besides, I like a good character creator.

Reactions: Volta

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
gameplay, like i enjoy the rpg aspects of games such as making money then spending it on things that are essential, upgrading things and really just freeroaming and doing side activities that doesnt include anything to do with the babes
summertime saga has many ways to earn money and so does man of the house so its fun to do these things

Reactions: Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
gameplay, like i enjoy the rpg aspects of games such as making money then spending it on things that are essential, upgrading things and really just freeroaming and doing side activities that doesnt include anything to do with the babes
summertime saga has many ways to earn money and so does man of the house so its fun to do these things
Pretty much this, that's why I love sandboxes (well, at least the few gay sandboxes I've found), like Robin Morningwood or young marcus (gay remake of young maria, without the weird content that got it banned from here).

Last edited:

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
I like making choices, being able to influence the story and the characters. This also allows replayability.