What Resources developers use for things like Icons and Interface?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
From where do you get things like User Interface and Icons for things like the Mobile / Laptop screens?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Depending on the program and what's being created, a lot of them are custom made in Photoshop or something of the like. I'm sure they can bought, as well. You'd have to be more specific with what you mean by 'Mobile/Laptop screens' to get more specific advice.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Because I have all the artistic ability of a lump of coal, I tend to do a to find something I like the look of.
Invariably, that ends up at a paid image site like shutterstock or similar.
Alternatively, I'll look at existing games that I liked the UI of in the past.

Then, because I'm a cheapskate, I will do my best to recreate sometime similar with Photoshop (or ).
I might download the preview image and use it as a template.
To avoid potential copyright issues, I will always try to personalize the "my" version. Color, flourishes, something. Though most images I grab like this are so simple that it's difficult to tell similar images apart from different authors.

My expectation for a laptop or tablet screen depends on context.

If you're talking about a UI screen, then I'm back to google search or a another game.

If you're talking about a character within your game using a device, then I'd probably try to find a laptop asset here on F95 (assuming you're using Daz3D). Some assets allow for another image to be embedded within itself as it's "screen" - though failing that, there's always Photoshop again.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
because I'm both a cheapskate and don't want to get sued a lot of my images come from I know they have icons as well (used it for my CV)

XLT

May 6, 2021
Custom made in Photoshop/Gimp, Bought or taken from royalty free sites were all you have to do is link back to the site/author you got said image from in the credits.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Because I have all the artistic ability of a lump of coal, I tend to do a to find something I like the look of.
Invariably, that ends up at a paid image site like shutterstock or similar.
Bane of the internet them cunts. I wouldn't mind but them and others turn up when you type FREE blah blah image. I take quite delight in photoshopping off there watermark when I can and using them anyway.

In overall answer to the question, whatever shows up in image search :D

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
You could look through the fonts on this website as well:

It has a lot of icon fonts, maybe it has something your looking for.

Dice Station

Game Developer
May 14, 2021
I tend to use the for basically all the placeholder images in my games. If you are searching for icons, i use . But you can allways search in Pinterest for some inspiration for your images