What role would you play?

Which roles would you play? (Select all)

• Male Dominant

Votes: 59 21.7%
  • Female Dominant

Votes: 71 26.1%
  • Male Submissive

Votes: 202 74.3%
  • Female Submissive

Votes: 42 15.4%
  • Female Independent

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Male Independent

Votes: 42 15.4%
  • Heterosexual

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Homosexual

Votes: 27 9.9%
  • Other role / gender

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Other sexuality

Votes: 14 5.1%

• Total voters

clitacafro

Nov 30, 2019
I am thinking about creating a multiplayer game. But that's not really the point, because it might be interesting on a more broad basis to others as well. So ignore the setting for now. I am curious, whether there is enough interest into different groups.

Imagine a basic concept (ignore the theme for now, this isn't about scifi, fantasy, etc.) that you'd play in with other players. Assume for this question that there are no idiots.

Which roles would you play?

First of all please forgive if nothing fits. I went with larger more precise player groups and there is a limited amount of possible responses. If nothing fits, but you are interested, please respond with a reply!

To describe roles.

Dominant: This is dominant in ways like BDSM, but also as in master in master / slave setting. It is meant to describe having some power (force, money, magic, knowing secrets, royalty, being a god, etc.)

Submissive: This is someone who has less power or is not completely free, both in the BDSM way, but also as in being a slave, servant, poor, outside of the law, some minority, some suppressed group (for political reasons, race, law, health/body reason, heritage), lack of money, owing something, etc. This goes from being dependent on someone to being barely or not a person.

Independent: Someone with average power. Think of probably yourself. You still have to make a living, might be doing stuff you don't exactly love (think about your job maybe). But in different settings, think also as someone who might still be loyal (warrior, etc.), but could also be unloyal, an outlaw of some sort, a criminal, a freelancer, a hacker, a mercenary, but also some librarian, smith, researcher. This goes from upper class (owning land, companies, a nice apartment, etc.) to lower class (owning maybe nothing but a tent, but still making your own decision). In comparison to the dominant, you don't have others doing everything for you, in comparison to the submissive, you still have your freedoms.

Sexuality: If you are thinking about bi-sexuality, please choose both heterosexual and homosexual. If you select other please choose.

Please choose ALL you could imagine playing/having fun.

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
I feel there is another role that you can't quite quantify with a multiple choice poll like that and that is a female protag with lesbian only encounters. Sure you can select female and homosexual. But if you like male characters but don't want male homosexual or female protag with male encounters then you can't exclude those implies results from the poll.

Reactions: Ataios

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
I feel there is another role that you can't quite quantify with a multiple choice poll like that and that is a female protag with lesbian only encounters. Sure you can select female and homosexual. But if you like male characters but don't want male homosexual or female protag with male encounters then you can't exclude those implies results from the poll.
Very true, that's why I didn't select an answer. No male characters in sex secenes for me please!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Which roles would you play?
All, none ?

It totally depend of how you handle this and what players we can found in front of us.
Actually the majority goes for "Male Dominant". But according to all the discussion around the subject, I assume that many of them are just cavemen ; "me male, you female, spread legs, quick !". For a submissive female, it would be boring and annoying, because it's not at all what she expect from a dominant male. She play to feel dominated, not to ease male insecurities regarding the size of their dick.
Most multiplayer adult games don't define roles like that, precisely for this reason. It's the way you'll act, the way you'll talk, that will define your role, in the eyes of the other players. Be a cavemen who try to be a dominant male, real submissive women will undercover you fast enough to not be disappointed.

It also depend of everything that you told us to ignore for now.
If the only purpose of the game is to be kinky, see right above. But if there's more and personal quests, abilities, or even possible interactions, that depend of the role we play, then it can compensate the fact that players who would choose your counter-part (Male Dominant for Female sub, by example) don't effectively fit the role.

Reactions: Evizzy89

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
All, none ?

It totally depend of how you handle this and what players we can found in front of us.
Actually the majority goes for "Male Dominant". But according to all the discussion around the subject, I assume that many of them are just cavemen ; "me male, you female, spread legs, quick !". For a submissive female, it would be boring and annoying, because it's not at all what she expect from a dominant male. She play to feel dominated, not to ease male insecurities regarding the size of their dick.
Most multiplayer adult games don't define roles like that, precisely for this reason. It's the way you'll act, the way you'll talk, that will define your role, in the eyes of the other players. Be a cavemen who try to be a dominant male, real submissive women will undercover you fast enough to not be disappointed.

If the only purpose of the game is to be kinky, see right above. But if there's more and personal quests, abilities, or even possible interactions, that depend of the role we play, then it can compensate the fact that players who would choose your counter-part (Male Dominant for Female sub, by example) don't effectively fit the role.
Whut? Wow! I don't think you get it at all. Way to paint everyone in a category with an obviously biased brush. For me it has nothing to do with just wanting to fuck. As a matter of fact it is just opposite.

Papa Lewd

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2019
I went with male dominant, which apparently is the most popular choice, mainly because it's most close to how I am in real life. I'm not necessarily into BDSM and stuff in real life, but I do love taking charge and being in control. With that being said, there's nothing sexier in my opinion than a woman that also loves taking control, so my idea of a perfect sexual relationship is one where both people take turns being dominant.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
All, none ?

this is a very common complaint I get from my female friends about male 'doms' D=
although in my personal experience, alot of female 'doms' are guilty of this aswell

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
I went with male dominant, which apparently is the most popular choice, mainly because it's most close to how I am in real life. I'm not necessarily into BDSM and stuff in real life, but I do love taking charge and being in control. With that being said, there's nothing sexier in my opinion than a woman that also loves taking control, so my idea of a perfect sexual relationship is one where both people take turns being dominant.
I dont consider taking charge/being in control affiliated with being dominant at all its more of 'caveman' behavior as per what was said earlier

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
I don't really get it, why would anyone choose "Independent" when picking "Dominant" would come with ingame benefits??
Who, if not submissive, would not pick the best, optimal choice?

As was said earlier, it all depends on how the game works otherwise and what other up- and downsides there are.
Generally, I'd only play Independent if the game was still fun and not a grindfest.