2D What shading style do you prefer?

What are style you do like more in these two images?

• Style A - Defined shading

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Style B - Blurring shading

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Badzone

Dec 18, 2017
I need suggestion... what shading style do think looks better considering the style of the drawing?

You can vote using the poll.

Also, any other suggestion is welcome :)

Thank you!

Last edited:

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
You should try to learn about blending because it seems you have trouble with your transitions of colors.
You know you can also play with the thickness or the opacity of your brushes in order to get good transitions.
If you want to learn for free check Ctrl+paint site, there are videos,ressources and more.

Badzone

Dec 18, 2017
You should try to learn about blending because it seems you have trouble with your transitions of colors.
You know you can also play with the thickness or the opacity of your brushes in order to get good transitions.
If you want to learn for free check Ctrl+paint site, there are videos,ressources and more.
Thanks!

But... the problem is those drawings are vector images made with Inkscape.
I'm doing in this way because I have to draw using a mouse, so I can easily make adjustments to the vectors to avoid crooked lines.

Also, gives me the flexibility to do changes like this (see attached images).

On the other hand, I'm more limited and sometimes it's hard to give a more natural organic feeling to the images.

Last edited:

Badzone

Dec 18, 2017
I changed the outline to narrower lines and also matching the color pattern instead of just black and I think is looking better now.

Reactions: reeroll

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
I changed the outline to narrower lines and also matching the color pattern instead of just black and I think is looking better now.
If you have a tablet already you can buy a drawing stylus (ex:bamboo pen), it will maybe be cheaper.
The mouse will never replace a drawing stylus or either a graphic tablet.