What software does devs use to make those 3D CG Ren'py games?

Grato Nite

Feb 17, 2018
I'll be blunt, those adult games with 3D CGs looks damn similar (in terms of render, hair, and even faces)
Well usually the females have unique faces, but some male ones looks the same.

Is it DAZ Studio?
I want to make a game myself, i'm currently learning blender (for my own serious game and animation job someday).
But now i just want to make a game for fun and was wondering what was the "preset" software that many devs use?

Thank you.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Yes, most of those are daz models, some are using daz characters unmodified, but I think most alter the model slightly to get a unique look, thats what I do.

Reactions: Grato Nite

Piter Georg

May 4, 2017
Yes, basically software with rendering for bitmap images and animation are used most of Ren'Py programmers. Using products such as DAZ3D and Poser with complete assets pack is easy and fast then expansive engine soft like 3DMAX, MAYA, Cinema 4D and etc. or painting and 2d animation include special arts experiences. I work with Poser and DAZ studio from 2001 first edition of the software. I've never used them for photo reality coz I am painter and conceptual illustrator just lovely non standard characters. But you decide how your game project looks. I recommend DAZ studio with complete pack and IR hardware rendering.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
I use DAZ3D personally, with a metric shit tonne of Morphs to change them from their default appearance. But, I also heard that 3DSMAX is great for sculpting/changing models etc. Though I haven't used it myself.

Grato Nite

Feb 17, 2018
Yes, basically software with rendering for bitmap images and animation are used most of Ren'Py programmers. Using products such as DAZ3D and Poser with complete assets pack is easy and fast then expansive engine soft like 3DMAX, MAYA, Cinema 4D and etc. or painting and 2d animation include special arts experiences. I work with Poser and DAZ studio from 2001 first edition of the software. I've never used them for photo reality coz I am painter and conceptual illustrator just lovely non standard characters. But you decide how your game project looks. I recommend DAZ studio with complete pack and IR hardware rendering.
Do you a have a link for said complete pack? I still don't know which are what on the asset releases section...

Also thanks folks for the responses!