What software or technique is used for digital humans other than DAZ

fxn3dwizard

Nov 15, 2019
I have been messing with DAZ for a while, and the characters in certain games don't seem to be able to be done in daz. Games like Midnight Paradise, My Pleasure, The Secret Reloaded, possibly Milfy City also, and quite a few more. They just have a different look than DAZ seems to be able to create. I know a lot of artistry goes into these characters, but these also all have very similar looks to each other. Does anyone know what software or how these characters were created?
Don't get me wrong, I get good results from Daz, it's just not the same.
Thanks!

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
They are DAZ characters, but use morphs/combination of assets to get a different look. They might have used a different skin texture as well. There are a couple skin texture packs on the DAZ store that has better skin textures compared to the default ones used. They could have altered the skin textures themselves as well, using photoshop.

A good lightning set-up can make a large difference as well, they might just have a better lightning set-up compared to most other games on here. But they are made in DAZ for sure.

Reactions: mrmcfappen

fxn3dwizard

Nov 15, 2019
Thanks,Yeah. I get the lighting thing, and I get how it affects everything, but the skin quality is more specifically what I am asking about. I really don't think they altered the skin in photoshop, since all the different games from different creators have very similar skin quality. It makes me think its a purchased pack. Any ideas what skin packs?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
No idea honestly. You could look into the asset release section on here and search on skin. Or ask in one of the game thread or fan art thread. They might know what skin package is used.

fxn3dwizard

Nov 15, 2019
Yup. Looked through the asset section. Not much for skin packages. I'll ask on the game or fan art thread. thanks.