What the heck does that "We don't condone sharing of our Patron only content" disclaimer mean???

May 29, 2022
Like, what does it mean? Sometimes I still forget, no matter what, F95zone is a pirate site meant to pirate adult games. But, what the FUCK does that "We don't condone sharing of our Patron only content" even mean? They say it so discreetly I have no idea what they are even talking about. Does that disclaimer pop up if like it's a "free version" of a paid game, or if there's Patreon paywalled content accessible to the public? I need help, I have no idea what this is supposed to mean :(

May 29, 2022
Well... it means what it says? :WaitWhat:

I mean key words -
Patron only content
I'm still confused on why they decided to word it like that, couldn't they just say "Okay, well we're a pirate site and we pirate things cause we're pirates, but please support the creator" instead of, whatever they wrote?

Also, hi MysticCRO!! Love your games :D

May 29, 2022
As far as I'm aware that's usually added when the dev himself is actually active in that topic. Ultimately it's to show that it's not the dev himself who is posting "paid" content for free here on F95. Else his paying patrons might get the wrong idea.
Makes sense. But I thought that disclaimer was usually there when there's a lot of paywalled content available to the public that were uploaded by fans of the game. I do feel as if that if the content is already publicly available, there will be no need to support the developer anymore.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm still confused on why they decided to word it like that, couldn't they just say "Okay, well we're a pirate site and we pirate things cause we're pirates, but please support the creator" instead of, whatever they wrote?

Also, hi MysticCRO!! Love your games :D
This isn't that difficult.

Creators pay their rent/mortgage, buy food, clothes, prescriptions, gas, pay for the electricity to run their computers, maintain their computers so they can create the content people are downloading for free from this site.
They pay those things from monies received from supporters and consumers.

Having their product on here, without their permission (they may not have been the ones who initially uploaded it), they may see as taking at least a small portion of those monies. Even if they do not see it that way, by having their product on this site - they have no oversight regarding content about their product on this site.

For some creators, they accept that there will always be people who find a way to use their product without paying for the privilege. Although those creators may be in opposition to those actions, they feel it is best that they remind people that do so that they aren't happy about it and prefer that if those players do enjoy the product, they ask for those players to show their pleasure by paying/donating to the creator.

An example of this is from the creators of "The Office". It appears that the game was put on here by an F95 Uploader and instead of letting it "roam free", the creator decided to take ownership of the thread. They are aware it is futile to attempt to get their product removed from here, so they remain.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I do feel as if that if the content is already publicly available, there will be no need to support the developer anymore.
I'm not sure that's actually true to that extent. There are quite a few games out here, whose devs don't actually charge their patrons for the game itself (like Summertime Saga or What a Legend! for example) but basically provide the game for free to everybody. If a game is good enough, people will pay money for benefits like "voting rights" or things like behind the scenes content or just give a few bucks simply because they actually like the game and want to support it.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Like, what does it mean? Sometimes I still forget, no matter what, F95zone is a pirate site meant to pirate adult games. But, what the FUCK does that "We don't condone sharing of our Patron only content" even mean? They say it so discreetly I have no idea what they are even talking about. Does that disclaimer pop up if like it's a "free version" of a paid game, or if there's Patreon paywalled content accessible to the public? I need help, I have no idea what this is supposed to mean :(
A developer can request and get ownership of a thread to more easily update the changelog, tags, etc, but is still not allowed to remove links with patron only content that some uplader puts there.
So in some cases the developer will use this disclaimer.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
A developer can request and get ownership of a thread to more easily update the changelog, tags, etc, but is still not allowed to remove links with patron only content that some uplader puts there.
This is the important part.

As I get it, the disclaimer act as a wish made by the author of the game: I have nothing against you leaking the game, looks I did it myself. But, please, limit this to the public version, and keep the version with benefit (aka "patreon only version" to yourself.
A just balance between the needs of the authors (earning some money) and the needs of the community (having games to play).

May 29, 2022
What games, I'm innocent. :PogChamp:
(late reply srry, I was just playing with CharaStudio) Mostly ISOR, but I never actually found the time to play through it, but the only reason I downloaded was because of Rory :) Long Way Home sounds interesting but I never actually got to play it.

I'm not sure that's actually true to that extent. There are quite a few games out here, whose devs don't actually charge their patrons for the game itself (like Summertime Saga or What a Legend! for example) but basically provide the game for free to everybody. If a game is good enough, people will pay money for benefits like "voting rights" or things like behind the scenes content or just give a few bucks simply because they actually like the game and want to support it.
Personally sometimes I feel as if it happens - like let's say, (somewhat unrelated to AVNs but it still counts) NatsumiSan, an MMD motion and video creator. She only has around ~200 patrons but a lot of people were able to obtain her content that was leaked onto the internet, and people barely support her - some only support for her newest releases. With F95zone, while my account is new I have been lurking on here for quite some time (mostly for Sims 4 mods) they won't delete any content just because a creator doesn't like the fact it's being cracked here unless it was some serious legal circumstance that forces F95zone to take it down (Which is unlikely).

While NatsumiSan forbids redistribution of her files, it's not stealing - its copying. You wouldn't download a car, would you?!?! I would. Which means most people won't bother to dump their monthly savings on Natsumi because most of the time they only pledge to get her exclusive content. If the exclusive content is already publicly available for free - then there will be no point in supporting, unless if you genuinely like the creator and want to support their work. Of course, these are totally different situations, but I feel it still applies.

So in some cases the developer will use this disclaimer.
Well that's sad :/ This is why sometimes I have to be careful with what I share on the internet (especially paid content), as if, maybe I wanted to make an exclusive version of a game. And then I browse through F95 out of pure boredom and ONE OF MY PAID GAMES ARE ON F95!!!11!!1 So that's hours of work down the drain since I handcrafted it JUST for my patrons. And now it's publicly available, and there's no more of that "special feeling". Well, everything gets stolen, and everything gets pirated.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I think it's a trademark issue. By contesting the fact that it's being shared without their consent they retain their ownership of it. I could be wrong, just have a vague idea about this from having watched a video game lawyer's YouTube video awhile back.

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Personally sometimes I feel as if it happens - like let's say, (somewhat unrelated to AVNs but it still counts) NatsumiSan, an MMD motion and video creator. She only has around ~200 patrons but a lot of people were able to obtain her content that was leaked onto the internet, and people barely support her - some only support for her newest releases. With F95zone, while my account is new I have been lurking on here for quite some time (mostly for Sims 4 mods) they won't delete any content just because a creator doesn't like the fact it's being cracked here unless it was some serious legal circumstance that forces F95zone to take it down (Which is unlikely).

While NatsumiSan forbids redistribution of her files, it's not stealing - its copying. You wouldn't download a car, would you?!?! I would. Which means most people won't bother to dump their monthly savings on Natsumi because most of the time they only pledge to get her exclusive content. If the exclusive content is already publicly available for free - then there will be no point in supporting, unless if you genuinely like the creator and want to support their work. Of course, these are totally different situations, but I feel it still applies.
In case of the majority of these games it's different, simply because there mostly is a full public version, which gets released later on. So people who don't want to pay, don't have to pay and yet get to play the game anyway.

I mean, it's fine if devs ask patrons not to share their content. Actively trying to prevent content being shared, on the other hand, seems to be stupid a thing to do so, given that it'll just be a huge effort, cause frustration and - first and foremost - simply won't work. That time and energy would be much better spent by adding additional content to the actual game or by simply interacting with the community.

I still remember how KST (The Twist) introduced a rather complicated DRM patreon-login to his game, just to have it patched over here a few hours later. As soon as you have reached a certain popularity, there's basically nothing you could actually do to prevent leaks.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
It's a legal thing.

If you go posting on a website that infringes your copyright on a regular basis without you actually fighting it, you enter a tacit agreement and (could) lose all copyright claiming options when taken to court.

I still remember how KST (The Twist) introduced a rather complicated DRM patreon-login to his game, just to have it patched over here a few hours later. As soon as you have reached a certain popularity, there's basically nothing you could actually do to prevent leaks.
Nonsense. The only reason why this website isn't blocked in large portions of the world or even taken down is because the devs aren't smart enough to actually do something about it. Sure, the games will still get leaked on those Russian 50 KB/s malware download sites, but who is going to download a 3 GB file there?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Nonsense. The only reason why this website isn't blocked in large portions of the world or even taken down is because the devs aren't smart enough to actually do something about it. Sure, the games will still get leaked on those Russian 50 KB/s malware download sites, but who is going to download a 3 GB file there?
I think you are vastly understimating the effort it takes for essentially private persons on a budget to enforce their copyright internationally.
Next to that you can be sure that there'd be a "new F95" somewhere a few days later. That's how it has been for decades - even for high profile copyrighted material - and I'm not sure why you'd think it would by any different in this case. But sure, if companies like Disney, Amazon, etc. can't manage to prevent it, a single dev "sitting in his basement" certainly will ...

Reactions: 246

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I personally don't really care about monetization because development is mainly a hobby for me.
But many developers say that F95zone helps them, even though their patron-only content is often leaked.

This industry is very different from others. Most patrons support developers because they like their content, not for benefits like a few exclusive renders or the ability to play new updates early. F95zone has a huge amount of users, and many of them wouldn't have discovered many of those games at all without f95zone.

Some developers say that f95zone is their main source of patrons.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
It's f95 flirting with the idea of being steam like distribution platform where Devs post games and control the discussion area for their own benefit. It's somewhat confused philosophy to have gamer to gamer discussion platform and an advertising platform for game devs being mixed up like that. Sometimes you'd be better off if the dev was discussing with people in a different area, like their own discord and the pirate site caters purely to gamers.

Obviously devs have legal options to things to prevent their IP being distributed. For example they could include underage characters into their game which would legally prevent f95 from hosting the game.