What would be the limit?

SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am working on a game where the main story is focus on the MC and one girl only (unavoidable romance), but there is the option to have one night stands (the gf is okay with that -- it makes sense in the story).
The MC is a vampire, and in the original vampire folklore they are known to be promiscuous and I wanted my VN to reflect that. One of the girls you can have a one night stand with is your best friend's girl. He is totally okay with that as they are not exclusive and he trusts both of you. It is in vampire's culture to not be monogamous. In this world, there is no known vampire that has been that way.

What I was wondering about is if as a player it would bother you that one of the persons you can have one night stands with is in a relationship? You never see them fuck, but it is known that they are together. The MC doesn't want to be romantically with his best friend's girl, he just wants to fuck her (there is a reason for that) as she is someone he trusts.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Don't sweat it, you'll get people annoyed at that and people who would love that. So just do what you think it's best for your story and, if anything, make it optional and announce it in advance so it's not a surprise for players

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
To be honest I just don't care about one night stands. I want my sexy times with those characters that have it throughout the story and add up to something. With inconsequential characters that have just two or three scenes I feel like it's unnecesary wasted time and resources. Unless it's meaningful to the plot.

Regarding laying with your best friend's gf in a consensual way, I don't care either.

Reactions: SeptCloud

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
As others said... people are gonna bitch about everything, I would just tell you to do what you think is okay then to find your own public.

Now, something to comment is if you want to make some part of the story optional or not, but making stuff optional has different problems (increased difficulty of making a story for example, mainly cause you have to take into account if x happened or didn't happen).

Jofur

May 22, 2018
As long as you stay away from the player themselves being cucked/forced into an open relationship I think you will be fine. That said, giving the player an option to not do it not only solves the problem, but also makes the story more interactive which is always a huge plus.

SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Thanks everyone for your answers! I will just tell my story and hopefully some people will like it.
This is optional, but it adds to the story (I can't say anything without spoiling it), however I have a way to make the plot evolves without using it (That is why it can be optional).

I just wanted to check to avoid as much drama as possible, as it would take away the light from the hours spent developing the plot and all the branches.