What your felling translator playing own translated game

np305

Nov 5, 2019
Hello 95!
there a game (VN) that i want play but unfortunately there never official English release or fan translation. so i will try translate it, but before i procced i want know what it feel like playing own translated game. translating the game mean translator will expose will all plot and spoiler from game.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
If you actually read the texts, yes, you are going to be spoilered. But you may also learn there's more content than you initially thought, sometimes I discover 'hidden' paths I wouldn't have found just by playing.

Of course, you can always do just a machine translation, so you don't need to read much before playing

np305

Nov 5, 2019
If you actually read the texts, yes, you are going to be spoilered. But you may also learn there's more content than you initially thought, sometimes I discover 'hidden' paths I wouldn't have found just by playing.

Of course, you can always do just a machine translation, so you don't need to read much before playing
thanks for advice

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
translator will expose will all plot and spoiler from game.
Not necessarily. You can translate as you progress the game in some minimal blocks like a chapter forward for most VNs and backtrack to fix inconsistencies. This works very well for not spoiling the entire plot beforehand while still giving the feel of the translated gameplay. The most you'll spoil with this approach is seeing the entire collection of images but spoiling static images without context isn't that bad.