whats some underappreciated games?

BsGoat

Feb 1, 2019
There's a ton of games out there and sites like these have a tendency to let the big get bigger and I would imagine it would be easy for some decent games to fly under the radar particularly if you're like me and it might go months between the periods you're ''active'' so bring me you're hidden gems that you don't think have gotten the love it deserves

'It would be nice if you could mention what you like about the game- good art/good renders, fun gameplay, a great spotty, or perhaps it just catered to you're specific taste.
also, please list the status of the game- complete/ in development,/abandoned

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
World's Crossing Academy is a pretty cool game about a dude who is working as a Janitor in a crappy Academy, but everything changes when a bunch of girls form different fantasy races go to study there and his luck starts changing.

Now the selling point.

The MC has a yandere stalker that will try to harm any girl you try to get close to.
The MC is a kick ass martial artist and gets to use his martial prowess to fight his stalker.
There are spooky paranormal stuff.
The fantasy world is pretty well fleshed out and feels believable, the demi girls wont be just a generic high fantasy trope with legs.
The animations are out of this world, pretty smooth and well done.
The girls come in different sizes and shapes, so you will see way more variety than most VN when talking about body types even with the human cast.

Now Im aware the art is not amazing, and the models look kinda old but don't let that fool you, the art improves quite a lot after the first chapter.

Ah and the game is still in active development...

SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
After The Inferno by Classy Lemon is an awesome game and I think that it just lacks visibility to become huge.
The story is about an elite mercenary that has to chose between what is best for his company or what his best for him and his childhood friend. I can't say too much or it would spoil the story.

Strong points:

- Solid writing. We can see that the dev took time to develop the story and the character. There is even a Lore section in the menu if you want to know more about the world etc.

- The animations are impressive. I even thought that the dev used motion capture, but he did everything by hand!

- There is voice acting and it's not cringe at all. It adds so much to the game and you can clearly see that it was done by professionals.

- There is some point and click, but at the moment, it's not a mechanic to add useless hours to the game.

- The 3D models are original and some players may not like them, but it's kinda like Pixar and I'm not bothered by it.

I hope more players try this game and support the dev (even with just a like) because he is doing an amazing job and is clearly spending a lot of money to have this quality.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Classy Lemon

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Star Knightess Aura - Looks like a typical rapey tentacle-filled Japanese RPGM game at first glance. Is actually the best slow-corruption and brainwashing game I've played of any genre. No rape, no tentacles, and while the anime influence is strong, the dev mostly avoids the cringeworthy tropes I hate in ero-JRPGs. Status: 20% to 1.0, so don't expect the sexual content to get too spicy yet. Still absolutely worth a play if you're into the aforementioned themes and don't mind some challenging RPGM gameplay.

iNSight of you - almost entirely animated and one of the best maledom trainers out there. Also one of the funniest games I've played, ero or not. Status: Not far from completion I think, got several hours of content to it including the gameplay.

Corrupted Saviors - If you don't get driven away by the complete lack of graphics, the learning cliff or the difficulty, you'll find what has to be the most indepth non-con corruption game ever. Unlike a lot of other text-based games, it doesn't take a "everything and the kitchen sink" approach to fetishes, and the quality of the content is better for it. You get a range of personalities to break, a number of ways to break them, and once you do, you can watch them abuse each other too as their sanity unravels. It really does make you feel like a sadistic overlord savoring the heroines' downfall. Status: You can play a full game against a randomized or customized team, and use the training system, but the campaign mode is in its first iteration.

Accidental Mind - Another text-only game, this one is one of the best in terms of mind-control, albeit more benign than most. Personally I couldn't get over the lack of proper gameplay aside from the puzzle elements, but I have to applaud the quality of the writing and the implementation of the mind-control fetish. Status: in-development, not sure how much the dev still wants to do but there's clearly a ways to go in terms of story.

Simply Mindy - Rare example of a female-protag game that's not really about corruption, iirc the MC is plenty familiar with sex from the start. Funny and one of the nicest-looking pixel-art games I've seen. Status: Completed.

Pyorgara games - These are pretty unassuming, and generally their gameplay is flawed (though improving with each game), but they do a great job with the maledom and dubcon themes.