Blender What's the best way to model genitals on new meshes?

amuarse

Dec 7, 2019
I'm working on a model that I just finished retopologizing in blender, but the original sculpt didn't have any genitals so I just retopologized it as-is. But now how do I add genitals, either a vag or penis? Do I have to model the genitals in so that it's continuous with the body or is there a way I can just overlay different meshes without it looking like I have 2 separate meshes clipping through each other?
Screenshot 2024-07-12 212414.png

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
You can stitch two meshes together.

• Import genital mesh.
  • Merge the two objects into one object.
  • Remove faces on body mesh that would be covered by the genital mesh.
  • Position the genital mesh and merge the corresponding vertices of both genital and body mesh.

Of course, this requires topology parity ( read: same amount or multitude of vertices) at the seam of both meshes.

And don't forget to rework your UVs, else the shading and texturing will look wrong.

Reactions: alpcraft

amuarse

Dec 7, 2019
I'm working on a model that I just finished retopologizing in blender, but the original sculpt didn't have any genitals so I just retopologized it as-is. But now how do I add genitals, either a vag or penis? Do I have to model the genitals in so that it's continuous with the body or is there a way I can just overlay different meshes without it looking like I have 2 separate meshes clipping through each other?
View attachment 3826204
I see, that's unfortunate. How do games like Skyrim make separate meshes look seamless? From what I understand the body and head are usually separate and as long as the right textures are used they look seamless.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
I see, that's unfortunate. How do games like Skyrim make separate meshes look seamless? From what I understand the body and head are usually separate and as long as the right textures are used they look seamless.
Let's put it this way: as long as the same vertices at the seam of body and head (where you would stitch them together otherwise) are moving exactly the same, then two separate meshes can look seamless.