What's the deal with the signatures?

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
I'm fairly new here but one thing I have seen a lot of is signatures with like gif ads for games or girls from games
What are these mostly for and is there a reason why some of them have F95zone on the bottom?
Can I promote my own games on these?

Thanks

(example attached)

Derover

Modder
Nov 11, 2016
I guess people like to show what games they like/support.
Though personally I just disabled all signatures. This makes the forum easier to read, less cluttered.

For promotion of your game. I'm not sure. Maybe there are some rules about the content inside your signature.
But as long as it something similar as what most people do here, I don't see a reason why not.

Reactions: UndergradSteve

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
There's a section on signatures in the general forum rules, link at the bottom of the page. They might have F95 on them because it's how Krull made them and it just caught on, along with people using their templates.

Developers often have their games as signatures, and linking it to something like a patreon is allowed.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I still lost in this thing. How can I find a signatures and how can I put it on my profile?
Any image can be a sig; just steal one you like by copying the Image Address
1604024519606.png

Then go to your profile:
1604024560852.png

Once there, it's just like editing a post. Click on Insert image, and paste in the URL you copied

1604024758555.png
Press SAVE. All your posts now append the sigs at the bottom.

Easiest place to find Sigs you like is probably in the thread for games you like; fans will already have made/found SIGs you can use.

Sep 17, 2020
Any image can be a sig; just steal one you like by copying the Image Address
View attachment 879019

Then go to your profile:
View attachment 879020

Once there, it's just like editing a post. Click on Insert image, and paste in the URL you copied

View attachment 879026
Press SAVE. All your posts now append the sigs at the bottom.

Easiest place to find Sigs you like is probably in the thread for games you like; fans will already have made/found SIGs you can use.
That was helpful. Thank you! How can I find signatures from a special game?

bonghits420

Writer and pendejo
Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Most games have a link to their signatures on their thread(s). If you can't find it then check out the signature thread that was posted above.