What's the hardest eroge?

joekained

Feb 14, 2020
When we think of eroge, we rarely think "difficult." However, I'm curious what people think is the hardest eroge?

You can argue this overall, or based on a specific character route.

For example, some old eroge are extremely hard to understand without some form of a guide (Rance), due to the weird order of operations to progress. Others might be just plain challenging mechanically, such as bullet hells, Majong sims, or tactical RPGs.

One could also argue for luck based difficulty, such as obtuse hidden stats, or RNG which makes certain heroines extremely difficult to encounter. Or, secret heroines, which require multiple playthroughs and intimate game knowledge to encounter.

Which are (is) the most difficult, in your opinions?

joekained

Feb 14, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-56-csdev.63932/ Hard to get into, very unorthodox gameplay focused on battlefuck of invincible magical girls.

https://f95zone.to/threads/venusblood-hollow-international-v1-0-3-ninetail-dual-tail.100855/ This series has complex gameplay that is a bit of a nightmare to learn due to the lack of a robust tutorial.
I've never heard of the first one, but yeah, VenusBlood is one of those games which come to mind for complex gameplay. I tried it back before the English translation patch had dropped, and was definitely hitting a wall with some of the intricacies of the game, since Japanese isn't my first language.

nulnil

May 18, 2021
Black Souls 2 is definitely a candidate. Most fights are treated like puzzles where you have to figure out what the winning combination of items is. And compared to other RPGM games, high stats/levels are pretty much pointless since most enemies/bosses have effects that can negate stats entirely, especially in the late game. Outside of just combat, it can be pretty difficult to find out how to get the different endings (which are more like routes).

It's probably the hardest but fair eroge out there, since anyone can make a game that requires you to roll a 1 in a billion chance to win.

Goeffel

Sep 10, 2022
some day I wanna go back to Himegari Dungeon Meister and see if it/I can (be) play(ed) without any evil actions. I already know that if possible at all, it will be hell-ish-ly difficult.

Also, I found Daibanchou extremely difficult, but it likely also was because of not knowing/ understanding lots of its mechanics. (I had no manual whatsoever when I tried it - I felt it was meant to re-played ~100 times or so, for 100%))

joekained

Feb 14, 2020
some day I wanna go back to Himegari Dungeon Meister and see if it/I can (be) play(ed) without any evil actions. I already know that if possible at all, it will be hell-ish-ly difficult.

Also, I found Daibanchou extremely difficult, but it likely also was because of not knowing/ understanding lots of its mechanics. (I had no manual whatsoever when I tried it - I felt it was meant to re-played ~100 times or so, for 100%))
The Meister games are pretty complex, and definitely long. I played Alchemy Meister, and I remember it took forever. It had good loli though, so I was happy for that.

Sapha

Sep 28, 2020
I would argue that the hardest game is the crappiest game. There's no way I could ever manage to finish a super bad game.
Which game is the worst game is, of course, subjective.

joekained

Feb 14, 2020
I would argue that the hardest game is the crappiest game. There's no way I could ever manage to finish a super bad game.
Which game is the worst game is, of course, subjective.
What would qualify as a bad game for you in this context? Poor art, buggy mechanics, etc?

joekained

Feb 14, 2020
definetly the hardest game i have played so far is

lora rpg

even using cheats is hard
What makes it hard? I know typically this style of game, relies upon the heroine losing to enemies frequently, because they lock all the erotic content behind losing battles.

Given there are pregnancy mechanics, I'm assuming loss in battle != loss of game.

Is there a more punishing mechanic at work here, I'm not picking up on from browsing the thread page?

Oct 23, 2023
What makes it hard? I know typically this style of game, relies upon the heroine losing to enemies frequently, because they lock all the erotic content behind losing battles.

Given there are pregnancy mechanics, I'm assuming loss in battle != loss of game.

Is there a more punishing mechanic at work here, I'm not picking up on from browsing the thread page?
Game is an actual game - with classes, skills, mechanics etc. Aside from the fact that changes you make to the heroine herself reflects on nearly all aspects of the game, the game doesn’t have walk-by-hand tutorial and it’s very easy to get lost, do the wrong choice, or simply lose

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017

The difficulty is basically every asshole roguelike with a squishy MC and an an expectation that you either follow a guide or learn by dying over and over. Every time I played it, I ran out of food trying to play it safe and take things slow.

Last edited:

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
I heard that Fear and hunger is very difficult, especially compared to other JRPG games that are more grindy rather than difficult. But I am not a fan of typical RPG-maker gameplay, I never tried it.

Also, I am pretty confident in my game Cursed Pantsu. It is a typical souls-like game, very unforgiving and challenging.