whats the minimum spec you need for your pc?

Venomosity

Aug 2, 2018
Lets say i want to make a game like summertime or paradise lust. How do even people make animations?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
For 2D? Not much. A 16 or even 10 series GPU should be more than enough, 20-series cards would be overkill unless you're gaming/rendering/etc. on the side. CPU and likely RAM may need to be pretty decent, though. As you'll likely be using a lot of Photoshop. To what end? I couldn't say, as I don't do a ton of Digital/2D art on a computer. Someone more experienced might be able to answer more concisely.

I'd get a decent PC and put the bulk of my budget into a graphic tablet (e.g. Wacom), though. Because you aren't drawing shit without one. Not on a PC, at least. It's one thing to manipulate a photo in Photoshop with a mouse, but it's a different beast trying to draw in Photoshop with a mouse. Assuming, that is, you aren't tracing. As for animations in 2D? I'm pretty sure most people doing 2D art/animations are using Live2D. But again, someone more experienced in 2D are going to be able to answer more concisely in that regard.

As for 3D? If you have to ask what the minimum spec is for that software, then it's probably just better to look elsewhere.

Venomosity

Aug 2, 2018
For 2D? Not much. A 16 or even 10 series GPU should be more than enough, 20-series cards would be overkill unless you're gaming/rendering/etc. on the side. CPU and likely RAM may need to be pretty decent, though. As you'll likely be using a lot of Photoshop. To what end? I couldn't say, as I don't do a ton of Digital/2D art on a computer. Someone more experienced might be able to answer more concisely.

I'd get a decent PC and put the bulk of my budget into a graphic tablet (e.g. Wacom), though. Because you aren't drawing shit without one. Not on a PC, at least. It's one thing to manipulate a photo in Photoshop with a mouse, but it's a different beast trying to draw in Photoshop with a mouse. Assuming, that is, you aren't tracing. As for animations in 2D? I'm pretty sure most people doing 2D art/animations are using Live2D. But again, someone more experienced in 2D are going to be able to answer more concisely in that regard.

As for 3D? If you have to ask what the minimum spec is for that software, then it's probably just better to look elsewhere.
i see, so theres no website that offers 2D models?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
i see, so theres no website that offers 2D models?
Not really. The closest you'd get to that is either tracing or using 3D rendering with some sort of cartoon-style shaders/shader system. Games like Summertime Saga and Paradise Lust either have artists (and a solid number of them, at that.) who draw/paint/create the work or outsource/commission it to other artists.

Venomosity

Aug 2, 2018
Not really. The closest you'd get to that is either tracing or using 3D rendering with some sort of cartoon-style shaders/shader system. Games like Summertime Saga and Paradise Lust either have artists (and a solid number of them, at that.) who draw/paint/create the work or outsource/commission it to other artists.
darn its complicated than i thought thanks

Reactions: MissFortune