What's the price for 3d arts ?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
the designer can't give you the price of it because they don't know what you want to have in the image or animations

what type of figure...
what type of lighting...
what type of clothing...
what type of background...
the list keeps going....

it's best to post in a couple of them and ask them and give them the details that you want....

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
There is no set price.

I'll assume from the way you worded stuff you just mean having a scene rendered.
If that was the case who is providing the models. The 3D models cost money. Different models have different amounts on them depending on who made them and their complexity. It also depends on stuff like the rights that go along with it because there are a number of legal issues. Such as do you want to have sole ownership of the 3D models used so no one else can use them or are you ok with just publishing rights.

Even then if you had all that taken care of you still have things like the complexity of the scene and amount of render time it takes. If they are providing the hardware that can be a good bit of time and energy (power) for the system to render all the scenes.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You are better off doing them yourself.
There is no real point in paying someone for all the things Diconica listed, or even half of it.

Share is a good deal, but that is about it.

-edit-
This is true only if the only reason why you wouldn't do this yourself is the lack of hardware, if you do not like it, then it would make sense.

imnotanya

Aug 22, 2019
That always made me feel weird about how art commissions are looking at stuff and feeling like there's no price tag attached.
But being around it more I realized that it really depends on a lot of factors (more than just quality and artist rep) so there's no set price. Most artists aren't out to scam people so now I prefer to just worry about whether or not I like the art. It helps if you remember to gather a budget too.

Bizef

Apr 1, 2020
Ok i will PM the artists then.

If a 3D artist see this thread, please give me some informations about your prices, as an example.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
ask them for a sample of then type of image and animation that you want first